Thursday, January 20, 2011

Flag Fighters For Life! #4 - HG Graham's Custom Flag

In a rare switch of events, my blog is actually behind my Facebook page because I've gotten so busy and can only afford to make quick posts now and then. I often just post things on my page as I see/do them. I do this because it's simple, fast and I don't have to worry about re-sizing pictures because it's done automatically. However I realize that some of you read this blog and not that page so I'm going to show you some of the things I've been uploading there. This will be nothing new for the people who frequent my page as I'm just going to be copying the write up's directly.

Gaigun (http://www.gaijin-gunpla.com/ ) built this but found it to be too frustrating and wasn't impressed. He was going to leave it at ASM's (http://americansalaryman.wordpress.com/ ) place until I said something about that. I've ALWAYS wanted a Flag. This one in particular. ASM is a great guy and all but I couldn't let him take this. He has his own kits to worry about. That said I can understand Gaigun's difficulties after playing with this myself. It's very flimsy... but I still love it because of what it represents. Graham when he was awesome. When he realized that he needed a more powerful weapon to take on the Gundams he had this custom made. Before the Over Flag, the GN Flag, Masurao, Susanowo and then ultimately the Brave... there was this. The symbol of a hard as nails warrior in the prime of his fighting career. The essence of the warriors code. Bushido. No... the Flag isn't for everyone. But it is for me. Flag Fighters FOR LIFE!

1.  http://plamoaddiction.blogspot.com/2009/06/flag-fighters-for-life.html

2. http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2009/06/gunpla-gallery-from-web-flag-fighter.html

3. http://plamoaddiction.blogspot.com/2009/06/flag-fighters-for-life-3.html

9 comments:

  1. I wanna see this or the Brave Commander Type in Master Grade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Linear Rifle is so badass. Here's an idea, though: paint the white parts black or dark grey. It'll give it a much more Stealth look as I keep repeating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea flag fightrs 4 life!!! and yea dats da only thing abt this kit i dont like its really flimsy but da 1/100 scale is better i think

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly, The flag kits looks more of a skinny brick than it is a jet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing how the MS looks so anorexic, I wouldn't be surprised that it is flimsy... I should be pleasantly surprised that it can even stand with those legs and feet!

    Still, Flags are awesome... waiting to pick one up in the near future and do some tribute of my own to Graham *salutes*

    ReplyDelete
  6. You love the flags and you're in love with Gundam. Plamo YOU ARE GRAHAM AKER!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the Overflags too. they were the best units befoe the GN-X came into the show and were the only ones to be the closest to match the gundams in a fight. But i thought all of Grahams custom units were made to be left handed?

    http://images.wikia.com/gundam/images/7/7b/Svms-01e.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  8. wtf. a left handed mech! i didnt even notice that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. flag fighter for life!! flag for the win!!

    ReplyDelete