Friday, December 17, 2010

PG Strike Freedom - Progress thus far: 2 - Wings


Easily one of the most monotonous aspects of Gunpla that I've done (but that doesn't mean it wasn't fun). Luckily I'm doing all of this while enjoying some lessons on Quantum Physics so at least my mind is somewhat occupied while my body is on auto-pilot doing all the cutting and clean up work. The assembly doesn't take that much brain power either leaving me to concentrate on bigger things like... photo electric effects in Selenium atoms.

Well, I say that but it IS easy to mess up on things if you aren't paying attention.  Double check surface designs!

Anyway take a look at the video series if you're interested.  I've certainly learned a lot and am planning on going through the videos again! So much great stuff to learn about modern technology.  I've been going through these videos while I've been teaching my own semester here.  I started teaching my first class this semester on the same week as when I watched the first video in this lecture series.  My aim is to start and finish both at the same time, like I'm actually in school, but both as a teacher and as a student.  I have 15 weeks of classes to teach and there are 26 videos in the series so if I do about two a week I should be OK... and I think I am. 

I figure I spend some much time teaching others... why not teach myself something while I'm at it?

7 comments:

  1. You understand things I could only hope to grasp a basic comprehension of. ;) Too bad you'll have left Japan by the time I get back there next year. Would loved to have met in person.

    When I make gunpla in front of the TV I end up listening to far more than I watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing you can comprehend and be able to learn that way! When I work on Gunpla, I only have the capacity left to listen to music or maybe an audiobook.

    While engrossed in simple stuff like cutting of parts from runners and the cleanup of nubs and flash and the like, it's fine. But if I was in the middle of the assembly process of something as complicated as a Perfect Grade, I think I'd want to give it my full attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, building gunpla while learning physics. I'll need some kind of music lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew you taught a Physics class! That's pretty awesome. I always wonder how people can afford to buy Gunpla more than twice a week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i dont teach physics! i'd like to but i teach english. physics is just my hobby right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, I didn't like physics when I took it last year as a junior. xD
    Oh, and can I add you to my blog roll?

    ReplyDelete
  7. But you're still a teacher. That's awesome anyways! Do you have Gunpla hanging around your desk?

    ReplyDelete