Monday, December 13, 2010

The life and times...

I suppose there's no easy way to say these things so I'm just going to spit them out.

I'm leaving Japan.

I'm going back to Canada at the end of the January and I'll probably be staying for some time. At least a year. Probably longer. Depending on how things go with work and living and life and stuff. I'm not opposed to coming back to Japan at all but there are just some things that I need to take care of at home right now (considering I've been in Japan for nearly a decade and came here shortly after I graduated from university and really have no idea of what it's like to live an adult life in my own country.) Family things and personal things mixed.

That and I've basically achieved all the goals that I've set out to do when I first came here... There isn't really much left for me but to enjoy what I've made for myself and that's great and all but... it's not me. Guess I need a bit more, or something different, or a change of pace or something.

Which brings me to the next thing. Some of you may know that the GF Group Build is basically... non existent now. I'm not sure what she did with her Zaku but based on the last time I talked to her it's probably in a bunch of pieces/is a pile of molten plastic in a dumpster somewhere. I'm still going to finish mine and I fully intend on making it a monument to my relationship with her.  I'm going to paint it in a colour that she really likes.  I'm going to make it beautiful.

However since her departure... I've gotten some new Japanese female "assistants". Yes that's plural (I'm single now so I'm allowed) and yes they are actually helping me with my Gunpla. They asked me about it and I showed them and we started building stuff together and they've been helping me with my projects. It's been great. It's nice when a young woman shows an interest in your hobby. Oddly I started to realize that it's actually kind of a fun thing to do as a couple and I might have been able to add something more to my previous relationship if I'd learned some of this stuff sooner.  Oh well.  Live and learn!  More on this later.

Anyway, because I'm leaving Japan I've decided to buy as much Gunpla stuff here as I can and ship it all back to Canada (I can never pay those prices again considering how I've been living here), to feed my addiction for a while (think of a smoker who buys a couple cartons of cigarettes to last him for a while). The thing is... I'm trying to build as much as I can so I can minimize the amount of space they'll take up in the boxes I'm sending back. This is in addition to my not insignificant amount of kits I already own here.  I've been building a lot recently.  It's bad, building all this stuff, end of year madness and because I'm back in the field again, social engagements are... abundant.

So I'm going to be busy this December and January. I'm not sure how often I'll be able to update but I can say this... You're going to be seeing this blog going through some changes in the coming months. 2011 is going to be a very special year for me I feel.

I leave this post with a pic from my main assistant's place. Actually more like an "apprentice", god bless her. I finally managed to build all 4 of the Althun Zala's HG's (yeah only bought those nearly 3 years ago!) and I made them all at her place. It was really fun actually. I'm lucky to have met such a cool person!  Her favourite colour is pink so I thought it was fitting that I build 4 pink/purple Gundam's with her.

She suggested adding the flower.  I thought it was a nice touch!  The little guys at the bottom were included with Nisshin Cup Noodle to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Gundam.  She built those.)

Unfortunately, I was a bit too honest with her and she's now holding all four of these Gundam hostage until I change my 'behavior'... which essentially means I have to make her my new girlfriend. I don't negotiate with terrorists so... I think I might be forced to give these guys up! :(

I'm sorry guys!!! I should have taken you when I had the chance!!! T_T

10 comments:

  1. Great write-up BB! I have quite a bit to say so I'll just write you an email again instead of typing it here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at the last paragraph!!!! well anyways hope that everything goes well for u and lets see wut else can i say hmmm.... Oh yea Welcome to back to Canada lol well u live in toronto if i rmb correctly? but yea hope everything goes well =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it works out, you would be a ton closer to me haha.

    Anyways, I hope you can "negotiate" the safe return of your gunplas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everything will work out for you man. But holding your gunpla hostage is a low move lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i never thought of getting a partner in my gunpla hobby.. but your idea sound interesting.. can be consider.. well.. good luck for you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, 2010 seems to be the year Gunpla fans change a great deal. Hope you can stabilize your life back over here in Canada, economically and all. Not sure what else to say, a near-passing of one of the Four is hard to describe over the internet. Whatever the case, I really don't want to know what happened to that Zaku. Somebody went White Devil on it, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you can always kidnap her and take everything back (even the girl). BUT that one is hard but trying never hurts.

    kudos man, its was good to find your blog some months ago, i hope that you dont stop posting here nor doing gunpla

    god speed

    ReplyDelete
  8. The one thing constant in life is change.

    Though, I hope Gunpla is the other constant in YOUR life ^_^

    Be well, and please continue building! I look forward to more stuff from ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Safe travels mate. Japan will be poorer for your loss, though it seems the women will be safer. ;)

    ReplyDelete