Tuesday, June 8, 2010

MGIJ WIP 10 - Backpack finished

Little bit of a crossover with my Musha MKII WIP as I just assembled the swords for it but since it's still in the frame stage I let my Infinite Justice play with them for bit. Infinite Justice is loaded with beam blades but has only one conventional blade in the "grapple stinger" housed in the shield.

I don't think the Japanese style blade really fits the suit itself but I just liked the idea of it having another melee weapon.

The back pack is totally painted but still needs to be lined. I still need to do the head, torso and some touch ups on the legs. Also I'll probably need another coat of white on the arms as well. Sad to say this kit is still a ways from being completed but... one step at a time!

The parts here were painting with my airbrush.  Metallic black and silver.  I thinned the paint considerably but it seemed to work out OK.  Better to err on that side I realize.  Better to have it too thin than too thick and have it jam your brush up.  I'm happy with the end process.  Even if airbrushing takes a bit longer and is messier you can't argue with the results.

Yeah sorry I'm posting these through imageshack because it's way faster than the blogger interface. I doubt I'll keep it like this but I'm just experimenting. Trying to stream line my posting process as well as my modeling process. Let me if any problems arise please.

6 comments:

  1. I like the IJ with that Katana. It looks... right.

    Those AB results are indeed very fine. I feel like it wants some small highlights of colour here and there... Maybe a little bit of orange or gold on the chest vents or something??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reading the comment by GaiGun on Lupes blog.... ahem. Tachi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. colour is coming tonzo! that will be close to the final step

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's rad!! I am liking the popular BB colors.

    I was trying to see that clear plaplate work u performed on the shoulders, but the angle at which you took the pics doesn't show it. Looking forward to the completion of your IJ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eh? Image shrunk to thumbnail size... To cut down bandwidth usage i suppose?

    BTW it looks like this color scheme = Phase Shift Down mode.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah kinda like that! you can click on the thumbnails to get the full size images! i did it this way because i can mass upload the pics and get the html for it right away for all the pics i select. with blogger you have to upload them one at a time and then place them one at a size and then resize them one at a time and then place them one at a time. pain in the butt.

    G.G. - i know, standard BB stuff! more detailed pics are coming!

    ReplyDelete