Saturday, June 26, 2010

PG Zaku Custom Panel lines

Here is the suit in question.


First let me just state the obvious to get it out of the way.  Wow.

I've been thinking a lot recently about getting into etching extra panel lines on some of my upcoming projects.  I know there are a variety of ways and tools to go about this but my actual problem is deciding where the lines should go and what kind of lines should go there.  I really don't know how people do it sometimes.  I mean I consider myself a relatively creative person but when it comes to this kind of stuff a draw a blank 9/10 times.

Do you do custom panel lines?  If so how?  Do you draw out the design first and see how it looks or do you just go for it?  Pencil them onto the suit itself?  How do you know when to stop?  How much is too much?  This suit has a lot and I have to say it seems like the answer is "the more the better".