Saturday, May 8, 2010

Q&DWIP 2 - HG Astraea Type-F: Runners

First taking a look at the runners... As I mentioned before there are only 2 original runners. This is one of them.


I decided that I was just going to prime and spray the parts on the runners so I can get rid of the red quick.  This runner I sprayed "Gunmetal".  I didn't prime it because I don't mind the tan base colour.  It won't really show up through the gunmetal.


As you can see this runner comes with 4 different colours of parts.

So I ended up doing something like this to make the recolour easier.
Of course I separated all of them.  Gray>Light Gunmetal, Red>White, Dark Red>Metallic Blue. Green clear parts I left as is.  I primed the Dark Red/Red parts.

Same deal here.
This one I primed and sprayed Metallic Blue.
The other panels not pictured here I primed and sprayed the new colour I picked up, Metallic Blue-Green.
I'll post the results later.

10 comments:

  1. Go go go! ninja build!!... nice Astraea Type F get there XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. its not painted in this pics! that happened after

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw..yeah! I've been looking forward to this post.

    I will be getting this kit today as well. And will work on it fast too. But I think you will finish before I do.

    I am trying to imagine the recolor you have in mind. Seems like it will look something akin to GunGai's recent Unicorn Gundam build.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah.. busterbeam.. quick question..

    so u separate the runners according to each color u will use, and u paint it when they still attached to runners?

    After u cut the runners out.. how u going to cover the nub marks and stuffs? paint it over a bit using brush?

    kinda curious.. coz I usually Airbrusing those after sanding and stuffs ^^;;

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yeah thats totally logical and thats how you should do it. i just didnt want the red right away and wanted to see it in different colours to get an idea for a new colour scheme. i'm probably going to disassemble it and repaint it now that i've seen where all the problems are (and there are a lot of course) but yes i did prime and spray on the runner just to get rid of the red and see it with different colours mainly. i never really intended for it to a finished product.

    i used a similar technique with my sinanju and most pieces had to be sprayed again but some were ok with just a bit of hand painting or some touch up marker

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh... I see. Now I get it.. I probably going to try that one soon lol ^^ thanks for explaining :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its going to be blue, Niceness!! Are you gonna keep the green spikes of GN hammer?

    ReplyDelete