Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Q&DWIP 4 - HG Astraea Type-F: Alternate Configuration

Thanks for all of your comments on the colour scheme everyone. Take a look at this set up and see how it compares. After seeing it with the Exia parts on I have to say that I like it a bit more and will probably just remove a lot of the white and give it an 'Aqua' look. I currently have it displayed in my room like this so I'm think I'm just going to clean this up, repaint in the same colours and detail it. Man there are so many things you can do with this kit! I removed the Exia shoulder and the 2x beam sabres and traded them in for the GN Short and Long swords on the hips. Each hip can hold two weapons now! That four all together. Man it's just too strong! Love this thing. Take a look.


Strange. I actually want to work on this a bit more than MGIJ but... priorities! I suppose I can just continue doing what I've been doing so far and just work on multiple kits at once.

12 comments:

  1. Seems that you have fetish for dark colors... xD I could see you go black for many of your gunpla like your Sinanju and IJ, and now dark blue on this one...

    Well, you did mention why not buy this kit because of the versatility well i suppose I'm not really fond of the fast-to-loose joints of HG kits i suppose, even i don't play with my kits, some of my HG kit began to loosen or sag just because of its own weight! =.= Well, i suppose newer HG kits are improved then? I don't have a single Gundam 00 S2 kit yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I want this kit more and more because of your posts, but that Alteisen Progressive version is so paycheck-killingly beautiful... Dangit, this is one of those days where I regret not winning the lottery at least thrice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. fetish for dark colours. thats not inaccurate. im trying to branch out but... its not really me.

    yes the new HG's are amazing! totally worth it and the the loose joint problem can be fixed with a bit of paint.

    and yeah that alteisen certainly looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, on the re-paint take your time to clean the nubs, the red color that stick out its cool imo

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha i kinda thought so too actually but it has to go. all red must go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is even more loaded than the first one, though I hate astrea's blocky shoulder pads it freaking fits in with the bulk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. blocky? maybe but they take up way less space than exias.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn, this thing has so many weapons, the actual mobile suit is barely visible - from the pics, you could say that the weapons work as an armor too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thats load of weapons... lol.. nice one!

    dark blue looks good.. XD

    just wondering.. all painted or will there be some parts white painted?

    ReplyDelete
  10. i white throw some white in there but... i kind of doubt it at this stage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Think this Color Scheme Would be Perfect, The X Gundam http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/index.htm Later colors, with satellite cannon (Rick Aller) Since it Also Has the Glowy Green Stuff, ir go for the wing zero custom blue and whit, with accents of red here and there

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to see you finish this one soon. I want to see your selection of custom colors.

    Man this kit is awesome.. All you poses are so loaded. the first image is the best.

    ReplyDelete