Thursday, May 27, 2010

Musha Mark 2 - Get


Yeah we all knew this was coming. I've picked up a lot of kits this month and I still have one more to get for a project that I think only ASM and Gaigun know about (I mentioned it in passing when we met a couple of weeks back). That and one more Macross kit.

After that... I think I'm done. I can't imagine anything that I really want coming out for the next little while. The only thing that would bring me back to the table is HGUC Delta Plus and Jesta. That's it. And I have a long time before the Delta Plus is going to see the light of day. Probably the fall. And Jesta... who knows about that. There's a long time between now and then.

So that's it guys. Sorry but no new kits for me for some time. No more distractions. Just making models from now on. Not buying anymore. Well two more but there's no rush to get those so I'm just going to shop around and look at prices.

Now this Musha... I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with it entirely. Build it first and then let it sit and I'll let some ideas marinate in my mind for a while and then take some action on it.

I'm not sure what project I should be working on right now as I'm making good progress on my MGIJ and the 1/100 F-91. I don't know. I'll probably be switching off between projects in the next couple weeks but I guarantee there will be a lot of WIP related things coming up soon.

All that aside... I'm so ready to sink my teeth into this thing. This is the Gundam I've basically been waiting for ever since I found what a Gundam was.

The Black Samurai Gundam. Everything I ever wanted in a MS. Not to mention that it's based off of my favourite Gundam ever.

This would be a great project for me to retire on. But I'm never going to retire. I think we all know that.

12 comments:

  1. Hehe, looks like it's going to be the three of us doing the Musha Mk II at this point, got some ideas myself too! Going to let it simmer for a while too though, before I jump into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no musha gundams for me, there absolutly not my taste hahaha. still it isnt a wrong or ugly model.
    im looking forward to youre MGIJ since its waiting on my shelf to (for way to long).

    well wish you good luck with the kit and i'll be following you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww i must get ma hands on dat lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it and I want it... the Musha MK. II that is. I am still restraining myself though until I finish my future projects (f'real this time!). While everyone else is brainstorming how they are going to paint it, I am brainstorming how I am going to top coat it hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will get mine soon... very soon. *evil grin*

    For now, I am laying back a bit from modeling since I am quite tired from my last build. =(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be bringing mine home on June 1st. Until then it sits on my desk staring at me. I have an idea what I want to do with it and will be posting that on my blog soon enough. The latest issues of Dengeki and Hobby Japan have some good tips on modding this thing, so if you need any ideas you can have a look there. Until then, I am tinkering with the G Gundam and taking photos of the Unicorn for the gallery.

    You, me, ASM, and the MK-2. I like the sound of this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got this beast on the way too, and have full intentions of giving it a mean looking paintscheme...now to work out how I should color it, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the Titans Mk.II Ver2.0 (since this Musha is a redesign of it), and I must say, it is beautiful. While it feels really light in your hands, it can take a fall off an eight-foot shelf and not break its V-fin; definately a worthy sacrfice for the feeling you get holding it. It's also really poseable and just feels right to have it arm-wrestling the AEUG version into destruction.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very keen to see what you guys do with these MkII's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. - Looks like we finally got our ASM/Gaigun/BB triple build and by accident! Great kit to do it on.

    marc - mgij is definitely coming. just have a couple more things to do

    z - yeah top coating is going to be a pain. not sure how i'm going to do that yet. if i was completely patient i could top coat before assembling but i dont know if i'm man enough for that! haha

    G.G. - yeah take your time. you pumped out 0 gundam and the jegan back to back quite quickly! i'm still surprised by that. great job again on both btw.

    gaigun - sounds like im going to have to take a look at those magazine before i start doing the painting. next week for sure.

    shaomu - i have the original titans mark 2 and i fell in love with that a long time ago. looking forward to building the mark 2 frame. cant really compare the difference now though as my ver.1 is in canada and it was so long ago that i can barely remember the details of the build! haha. the arm wrestling idea sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! build this IMMEDIATELY :) Wish I had time for Gunpla at the moment, i'm working overtime and freelancing on top, so tired..

    ReplyDelete
  12. really nice loot, can't wait to see it done :D

    ReplyDelete