Monday, May 10, 2010

Q&DWIP 3 - HG Astraea Type-F: Assembled

Sorry I forgot to crop the pics so they're a big larger than usual. My idea of spraying on the panels didn't turn out so well.  Well it did and it didn't. I mean I got rid of the red but... what do I do with it now? I really have no idea what type of paint scheme I'd like to give it! I like the metallic green/blue but I don't think the metallic blue works with it... and I don't know what to do about the white either. Any ideas? I really could use some help on this one!

That said... this model is totally ****ing sick. The weapons. Man... the weapons!!! This thing is stacked beyond belief! I kept the Exia shoulders just because I wanted extra beam sabers. This is it fully armed from a couple of different angles. The display stand was a good call I think.

From Plamo Addiction
From Plamo Addiction
From Plamo Addiction
From Plamo Addiction
 From Plamo Addiction
From Plamo Addiction

As you can see this model comes with all the parts to make the Exia if that's what you want.  Basically this is a 4 in 1 kit.  Exia/Astraea/Astraea Type F/Astraea Type F2.

After making this I can't understand why anyone would NOT want to buy this kit.  This is probably one of the best kits I've ever made just based on versatility alone.  Not to mention that you can use all of these weapons with other HG 00 kits if you're inclined to do so.  

What to do about the colours though...

11 comments:

  1. Whoa.. nice blue!... wait.. this is mockup paint/coat right? :P, nice blue action base stand :D

    yeah.. this kit is awesome.. got all stuffs from all those exia variation, except Avalanche Exia lol..

    Hell... this is in my must buy list, but dunno when going to buy it lolz

    hm.. why not make some color scheme draft and choose one or make a poll :D..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude... you are fast. And you are right, the weapons set is awesome! I look forward to your choice of custom color.

    I am still working on my 0 Gundam, but I've also started on this kit as well. But just got the core body assembled thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A special ops scheme maybe? You know, the usual Black/Dark Gray. No idea why though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. indeed, the weapons alone are enough for me to buy it ^^ (weapon spam anyone?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about going wild with a lime color scheme? :)
    http://i47.tinypic.com/316vu6q.jpg (from http://lupes.wordpress.com/)
    It gives the model a nice "fresh" look - it would require basically repainting (and priming first too) most of the parts at this point :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. damn looking good cant wait to see final product and yes dis kits is awesome with all da weapons it comes with

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your custom is f-wking Sick! This really looks like Warmachine from Iron Man 2, which I havent seen, YET!

    Keep it blue, I mean 00 world is lacking in those color. Couldnt help but I see some more red spots on the leg

    ReplyDelete
  8. grey, black, nah leave it like that BB

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah i think i will actually! with some touch ups.

    G.G. yeah i did this one quick. i assembled it all in one sitting. never done that before!

    igro - actually gonna use the lime for something else!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Busterbeam - I'm dreaming of a lime Kyrios/Arios - just need to find time to do it =_= I think the lime color would totally fit those models.
    Looking forward to the finished Astrea and your lime future project ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. lime would look amazing for that! and i dont know if lime is the right word id use for my project but its definitely going to hav a some light green!

    ReplyDelete