Thursday, December 31, 2009

Apparently my gf supports my hobby...



She got me these for Christmas. I was quite surprised actually! I thought she wanted me to do other things in my free time but then she goes ahead and does this!

She said that since I spend so much time looking at Gundams this was the best way to get me to think about her at the same time because she knows I'm going to associate these two with her. I think she remembers me telling her stories of how I 'dedicate' the Gundams I make to the people who have given me kits and I make them with those people in mind.

I asked her why she chose these two. This is what she said;

About Exia - She thought it was cool how it lights up and she knows I've been doing some work with LED's recently. She also watched the better part of Gundam 00 with me and it was her first Gundam series. She thought that Exia was the coolest one from the show and that it's design was quite different from the other Gundams I have around my place. She thought it would be good for me to have more variety. She also liked the shiny swords.

About Zplus C1 - She bought that on a whim while she was shopping for something else. She saw it and thought I'd definitely like that because 1. It transforms 2. It's colourless. 3. It has a big gun. Pretty simple!

Needless to say I was pleased and impressed with her choices! I guess she actually likes me!

I do believe that she bought these for me so that I'll think about her more and, in an odd way, I have to admit that I will.

I've already started on the Exia and I know what I'm going to do with it... Same with the Zplus I think. Still though... I haven't completely finished a model in some time! Hopefully I can keep my motivation but recently I've gotten it into my head just to build these kits first instead of keeping them in the box and then once they're all built I'll work on painting them one by one. I don't want any more unbuilt kits stacking up.

So a question to all of you out there who have gf's or wives. Do they support your hobby? Do they even care? or... Do they do it too?!

Well I guess that's it for me for 2009! Hope you all had a successful year and that 2010 will be even better!

Much peace and love!
さようなら 2009!