Thursday, December 31, 2009

Apparently my gf supports my hobby...



She got me these for Christmas. I was quite surprised actually! I thought she wanted me to do other things in my free time but then she goes ahead and does this!

She said that since I spend so much time looking at Gundams this was the best way to get me to think about her at the same time because she knows I'm going to associate these two with her. I think she remembers me telling her stories of how I 'dedicate' the Gundams I make to the people who have given me kits and I make them with those people in mind.

I asked her why she chose these two. This is what she said;

About Exia - She thought it was cool how it lights up and she knows I've been doing some work with LED's recently. She also watched the better part of Gundam 00 with me and it was her first Gundam series. She thought that Exia was the coolest one from the show and that it's design was quite different from the other Gundams I have around my place. She thought it would be good for me to have more variety. She also liked the shiny swords.

About Zplus C1 - She bought that on a whim while she was shopping for something else. She saw it and thought I'd definitely like that because 1. It transforms 2. It's colourless. 3. It has a big gun. Pretty simple!

Needless to say I was pleased and impressed with her choices! I guess she actually likes me!

I do believe that she bought these for me so that I'll think about her more and, in an odd way, I have to admit that I will.

I've already started on the Exia and I know what I'm going to do with it... Same with the Zplus I think. Still though... I haven't completely finished a model in some time! Hopefully I can keep my motivation but recently I've gotten it into my head just to build these kits first instead of keeping them in the box and then once they're all built I'll work on painting them one by one. I don't want any more unbuilt kits stacking up.

So a question to all of you out there who have gf's or wives. Do they support your hobby? Do they even care? or... Do they do it too?!

Well I guess that's it for me for 2009! Hope you all had a successful year and that 2010 will be even better!

Much peace and love!
さようなら 2009!

17 comments:

  1. I envy you... A gf who bought you 2 Master Grades... Nope, so far i havent have any gals giving me gunplas yet. Even my parents don't give me Gundam kits as a gift for good exam results and birthdays because they are not sure what i like -They give me cash directly and i make my choice what to buy... ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky guy. well ma dad used to do modeling and his paint jobs are nice but dere all gone now thx to ma meddling hehe. well ma mom kinda is against it but she still gets dem for me like the sinanju gale strike and regen dual so yea. HAPPY 2010 LOL u into da oylmpics???? i like da summer ones more since it has diving and b-ball so yea haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You GUESS? Hahaha! Congratulations on the splendid Christmas gifts!

    In the subject of girlfriends and gunpla, my partner gave me two MG Unicorn Gundams for my birthday. After that, my gifts from her were Nendoroids and figmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats great. my gf hates that i play with gundam. she only thinks i buy sd gundam but in fact i got a mg hiding somewhere lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. my gf likes gundam in the way of sd models and stuff, she also watched seed and seed destiny with me.

    though she havent given me any kits yet, and i gave her about 10 kits (most of them sd) she likes them very much.

    but then there is a rather common point in the gunpla scene, and that is that my gf said that i did to much gunpla building and to little stuff with her. wich i think is a bit exaggerated.

    next year i will try to build more gundams and hope that more people will read my blog.

    a happy new year to everybody and hope to see many more things in the new year from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious as to what you've got planned for Exia, given your comment over at my blog..I'm sure it'll be badass, though. have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd point you towards a blog called The Gamer's Girl, which seems to be about the girl's side in a gamer's relationship. You have some of the same themes running here and there. Its an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your girlfriend is awesome!!! She buys you Gundam models that SHE thinks is cool... and rightfully so! She even likes BIG SWORDS! Can't get any better than that for a girlfriend... for me at least anyway xD. Hope you enjoy them and yea... Happy 2010 to you! Looking forward to see more meticulous models from you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have I ever told you that you sir are my inspiration? I wish i could find a gf like yours. Happy new year. Can't wait to see how you handle your projects this year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sure are blessed and lucky to have such a wonderful gf. She is very understanding and thoughtful. Very admirable for her to go the way out to support your hobby. Anytime soon for you to upgrade her into her wife ^^.

    Back to the topic, no gf or wife her but my mom sure objects to my hobby but she is not very insistent. I still remember sneaking in my gunpla purchase back home when I was still in school. and I would sneak in the newly acquired and completed model into my shelves together with the rest, making them hardly noticable :)

    Lastly, a happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had the same reaction as Winterheim... YOU GUESS??? hahaha

    although if she gives you this so that you will think about her probably says you're not paying enuf attention to her =/

    still, great GF you have there! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nope. No GF yet because unable to support/maintain one.

    Very costly to maintain our locally made GF models.

    Cheaper to get foreign imports.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahaha, that's great. I dumped my girlfriend after she kept buying me Gunpla here and there. Felt like she was buying herself further into the relationship, didn't like that.
    On the other hand, that second 0 Gundam really helped for the kitbashing scraps...

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol @ jacques i noe how u feel becuz dats wut im doing rite now lol really sad actually since u cant show off ur models unless u like post it up on the web but yea

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey everyone thanks for your comments and compliments! i passed on some of comments to her and she was quite surprised at the reaction. but yes i do know how lucky i am and i appreciate the impact shes made in my life.

    k' - money is always good! cant go wrong with that!

    a1s - your dad did modelling? thats cool. but your mom is against but STILL buys you kits?! lol thats funny. well i guess the apple doesnt fall far from the tree right? like father like son maybe? also yeah im like you. more into the summer olympics than the winter ones but i'll watch some of it if i can.

    winterheim - 2 unicorns?! whatever happened to variety?! haha

    marc - you gave her 10 sd kits?! lol thats a lot isnt it? yeah ive heard that complaint before about her our hobbies get in the way of 'together' time. gotta find that balance i guess and its different for everyone.

    lupes - yeah i thought i had it all figured out and then i suddenly got a different i idea so im kinda on the fence now.

    *cgy - i checked it out and its kind of cool actually! thanks for the suggestion

    z - thanks for comments and i agree with you. happy 2010 to you too!

    gunota - lol why thank you sir! what a gentleman.

    jacques - no not anytime soon i think but who knows. lol you had to sneak them in? i can understand. sometimes its just easier that way to avoid the complaining.

    astray - maybe so! that balance is always a work in progress.

    anon1 - lol i tend to agree with you. although the japanese versions can be pretty expensive too!

    anon2 - what a reason to dump a girl! you should have kept her! lol yeah i know its not that simple but not a lot of guys would complain about that! in a way i can understand tho...

    ReplyDelete
  16. My Wife(married Christmas Eve!) supports it totally! Although I have learned dragging her around shops trying to explain what each figure is could be pushing it :) She bought me the 1/60 No Grade Exia a while back too so she quite literally supports it.

    She's also really into Lolita and spends a fair bit on that so my Hobby is very cheap in comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey congratulations! good news there. i found that when a girl has a similar/related or comparable hobby is when things work out best. and if she complains you can always bring up the money point hehe

    ReplyDelete