Friday, November 6, 2009

This bazooka is done. - Part 2

Here's the rest of the work that I've done on the bazooka. I've decided that I have just a little bit further to go on it but that's just fixing up that nagging crack in the muzzle.

Unrelated, I wanted to use up all of my 'loose' decals (as in decals that were no longer attached to the main decal sheet) and put an extra one on the shoulder armour that I'd removed earlier. It was just laying around so... why not? Thanks to Gaijin Gunpla again for hooking me up with these.


You may remember about my recent problem with the cobwebs. Well after wiping it down with my thumb a bit, I was left with a semi-decent surface result that I was satisfied with. I was originally going to spray a clear green over it but decided against it. It's not so bad as is. It's subtle and the green would really stand out a lot. I'm not even sure what the dome thing is supposed to be anyways. Maybe like a radar/tracking type of device?


Details in silver enamel and Gundam Marker silver.


Using up the decals.


More detailing. Just because I can.


Decided to use some Aurora decals on the beam rifle. It looks SO good. Also painted the tubing/wiring in silver.


I actually spent a lot of time on the bazooka shells. I ran out of certain decals so I couldn't make them all the same but I can easily account for that in the story that I'm going to make for it. This was one of the first things I did for the bazooka. I wanted the shells to really stand out and I spent a lot of time cementing, sanding and puttying to remove the seam lines. I wanted them to have a uniform surface. By scale these shells are taller than a human being!


More decals. Just because


All assembled. I'm pretty happy with the finished result. Worthy of my machine.