Friday, November 6, 2009

This bazooka is done. - Part 2

Here's the rest of the work that I've done on the bazooka. I've decided that I have just a little bit further to go on it but that's just fixing up that nagging crack in the muzzle.

Unrelated, I wanted to use up all of my 'loose' decals (as in decals that were no longer attached to the main decal sheet) and put an extra one on the shoulder armour that I'd removed earlier. It was just laying around so... why not? Thanks to Gaijin Gunpla again for hooking me up with these.


You may remember about my recent problem with the cobwebs. Well after wiping it down with my thumb a bit, I was left with a semi-decent surface result that I was satisfied with. I was originally going to spray a clear green over it but decided against it. It's not so bad as is. It's subtle and the green would really stand out a lot. I'm not even sure what the dome thing is supposed to be anyways. Maybe like a radar/tracking type of device?


Details in silver enamel and Gundam Marker silver.


Using up the decals.


More detailing. Just because I can.


Decided to use some Aurora decals on the beam rifle. It looks SO good. Also painted the tubing/wiring in silver.


I actually spent a lot of time on the bazooka shells. I ran out of certain decals so I couldn't make them all the same but I can easily account for that in the story that I'm going to make for it. This was one of the first things I did for the bazooka. I wanted the shells to really stand out and I spent a lot of time cementing, sanding and puttying to remove the seam lines. I wanted them to have a uniform surface. By scale these shells are taller than a human being!


More decals. Just because


All assembled. I'm pretty happy with the finished result. Worthy of my machine.

8 comments:

  1. Yeah those shells are really sweet. Great job Bb. Looking forward to seeing Ee with the new weapon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aurora stickers are awesome, aren't they? I think this is one sweet bazooka and the shells are looking very good as well. I am glad I could help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, I like how the texture came out on the cobwebbed part, actually a really nice effect, even if completely un-intended.

    Aurora stickers are looking nice! I think I'm going to have to invest in some for future use!

    And last, holy sh!t on the details, especially the shells. I think you do intend to wrest away the OCD award from gaigun! ;)
    Very very nice, and I shudder at the thought of the time and patience it took you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dude dat looks wicked man!!! cant wait to get some paint for my rifle and such

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks really really good, nice tips on the design of your bazooka.

    looks like everybody is going for the aurora stickers from now on hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meticulous. Really meticulous. I wouldn't mind getting blown by thatmasterpiece ofa Bazooka at all xD. By the way BB, is it possible (and not too much of a hassle) for you to take a photo of the entire Bazooka in white/sunlight so I can see its true colors (besides getting blasted by)? ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks guys!

    ASM - actually it didnt take that long but maybe my sense of time is all skewed because I just chip away at things over time until I feel its all done. I have to admit I don't compromise much and I havent been letting a lot of stuff go recently. my mantra has been 'just f'n do it right!' recently so i keep going until i get to a stage where im satisfied. i dont rush though. i really have no idea how long it took me. didnt feel that long tho.

    aurora stickers ftw!

    Z - better pictures are certainly on the way my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A brass touch on the bazooka shells - sweet~ Also like how you added the decals there!

    And those aurora stickers on the lens/sensors - more sweetness~

    ReplyDelete