Friday, November 27, 2009

GNY-004B Black Plutone

For those long time readers of my blog you might remember that I talked about this suit quite a lot when I first started. I had only been blogging for a month when I first mentioned it.
Actually, even now it's still one of the one popular things on my Flickr.

Here's a pic from those days.

s 028


Well the Plutone is making a comeback it seems and it's back in black.

From last months Dengeki Hobby.

I have no idea what the story is behind this thing but I think it looks cool. Kind of reminds me of Psycho Gundam in a way. But better.

The Plutone, if I recall correctly, is supposed to be the predessor to Virtue/Nadleeh Gundam. The cables in the back are a unique touch and I definitely love the colour scheme.

Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of the cables and I don't know what those things on the shoulders and hips are but all around... I have to say that I like it!

So what do you think? Feeling it? Not feeling it?

9 comments:

  1. Oh man that is one cool color scheme ^^ I am okay with the cables in my opinion. Its really a refreshing change form the white and blue that we used to with gundams :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. a bit too black...
    and i would like to know whether bloggers here are Malaysian?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judging by the positioning the things in the shoulders and hips would possibly be some kind of precursor to GN condensers perhaps? Note there are also some in the back of the forearms, and there is a claw on the back that looks like it could hold a GN drive. This all calls into question the thing on its butt with the cables coming from it.

    All very intriguing...

    I like the yellow things but I'm not a fan of the fronts of the legs. I like the shield. I like the head, chest, arms, and skirt designs as well. More or less everything but the legs.

    Also like it better in white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I recall correctly this black Plutone is a copy of the original Plutone and it appears towards the end of 00F manga. The original one got destroyed by Team Trinity somewhere in the middle of the story. This one is powered by GN Drive Tau, and its pilot is a combat innovator (like that of Bring Stabity and Divine Nova) sent to keep an eye on Fon Spark or something like that.

    IMHO it sort of looks cooler in the manga, but I didn't notice the cables at the back...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yeah I remember those cables, they have a special function,dont really remember but something about controlling GN particle flow or something. But I love that wire design

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pilot WAS Bring Stabity. The cables are GN cables , much like those on the 3rd gen gundams(exia and the others), and the thing on the butt is a GN Capacitor. The yellow thingys are sorta the precursor of Condensers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color scheme and design looks pretty hot but I'm not digging those feet and leg design ^^:.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The yellow things are prototype GN Field Generators. They can also function as thrusters, iirc. The thing mounted on its butt is the main GN condenser/capacitor used for storing highly compressed GN particles. The main capacitor is placed there because the mechanism for the Core Fighter occupies most of the chest area, where the main capacitor is normally located in GN mobile suits. The cables are used for distributing GN particles throughout the body.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ^ nice explanation! totally forgot about the core fighter. thanks for filling in the gaps folks

    ReplyDelete