Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Resurrection Process

I spent a lot of time packing them up and now I have to bring them back to life again.  Here we go!




On the kitchen counter.  I have a kitchen counter now!  And it's big enough to assemble Gundam's on!  Sometimes it's really good to be home!
I don't have a place to put them all right now but luckily for me my mom is a doll collector and she has some beautiful cabinets for them so I put my Gundams there for now, in front of the dolls. Guarding them if you will.  That made her happy for some reason.  She called my Gundams "cute".  >_>

I tend to do the reassembling/building stuff when other family members come over and hang out to chat. I just make something while they're talking. It might seem rude to do this while someone you haven't seen in a while is talking but they aren't talking directly to me.  They're just talking.  And eating.  A lot of relatives come to my house just to eat (my mom always has a lot of left overs in the fridge because she cooks a lot), so they eat and talk. I build and talk.  That's always been my way though, even in Japan.  Building was/is a social thing for me if I have the chance.  When any of my assistants were over we'd chat while building.  It's just reinforced behavior.  Kind of like Pavlov's dog

Gotta live authentically.  This is me.  You don't have to understand it but you have to accept that this is what I do. Besides, my family is totally used to me doing two/three things at once.  I've been that way since I was a child.

Anyway, I think my next project is going to be getting the Titanium Finish RX-78-2 done. There will be heavy documentation of that build process.