Anyway, after the break... I took a break. Came back to later after I found the parts I needed to fix it, namely a 1mm drill bit and 1mm steel rods.
|Here's where it broke.|
|Where I drilled the holes. Had to be pretty precise with this as there wasn't really much room for error. 90 degree angle straight down the shaft of the leg plastic. Worked out fine luckily.|
|Insert rod. No jokes please.|
|Cut rod, apply cement to the broken surfaces, insert into bottom half. Apply some pressure for a couple of seconds while the cement dries in place.|
|Leave it to dry for a while, test it out gently. Works perfectly. Actually I think it's stronger now than it was before.|
|No problems standing on it's own now.|
Following this I could continue my work on the model and it was really a joy to build and detail. I'm still suffering from weapons block now as the main suit is completed but... I'm glad to have it done and standing with the rest of it's 1/144 brothers.