Thursday, November 18, 2010

HG 1/144 GPB-06F Super Custom Zaku F2000 - WIP 1

Well I started building this two days ago and this is about as far as I've gotten. I could have finished it but I decided to stop just to see what the thing can do.

As I mentioned briefly on my facebook page, there are a lot of reviews for this out there on the net, but not one of them showed the F2000 with the supplied F2 parts.  I personally think this is a great feature of this kit as it allows you to mix and match armour parts thus being able to create any number of variations of Zaku.  The one pictured here I'm calling the F200, as it's not fully up to F2000 power but its significantly stronger than the F2.




I like this thing a lot. It doesn't do much but it certainly does look cool just standing there.  Quite a 'muscular' looking mech when you slim the waist and legs down. I've already cut out and assembled all the components but I haven't put it into it's "F2000" form yet. That will come soon.

And if you're wondering I did use an aurora decal for the mono eye. It really works well with this kit. Matches the colours perfectly. I'm not planning a recolour of this. I like it as is. Touch ups and flat top coat and then I'll be done with it.  Trying to decide what colour to paint the missiles though.  Red seems a bit too bold.  Silver?  Gun metal?

5 comments:

  1. It looks weirdly tall...
    But I like it! The aurora decal looks good, it really fits it. Maybe gun metal or grey for the missiles?
    I'm planning on getting this soon, just wonder whether or not I'll paint it. I'm too skittish about painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think red would go well for the missles. It goes with purple, anyhoo. If you don't think so, then maybe metallic black or dark gray?

    This Zaku is ridiculously bulky, excessively armed to the point of demolishing the Zaku aesthetic, and stupidly obnoxious overall.

    I LOVE IT!!

    Though I gotta say, because of the purple and dark blue as well as the rounder, bulked-up silhouette he gives off, he comes across as a Dom variant at first glance.

    I also noticed the way some of the weapons and equipment are utilized - the leg-mounted missle racks are now on the right wrist & shoulder, one of the machineguns is refitted onto the left arm, the shield is now held by hand instead of being mounted on the right shoulder. It's like the standard Zaku equipment got reshuffled around like what the Gale Strike design did for the Aile Strike Gundam!

    Though what I really like is the extended Heat Hawk...er, I guess it's a Beam Hawk now, complete with the effect part. It even comes with a regular Heat Hawk! And to top it all off, he has two auxiliary arms to help him wield everything! Not to mention it's pretty articulated for something so bulky.

    Suddenly, the Full Armor Gundam seems so...inadequate. This guy could rival the HG Astrea Type-F in terms of excessive weaponry!

    I would KILL to get a Master Grade of this guy. I didn't pick up the HG Beginning Gundam yet, but I WILL buy this Zaku.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you wont regret it! thanks for another great comment ckai.

    and thanks for both of your for the suggestions. i think that the red would do a good job of showing off just how stacked this machine is when it comes to missile load. the other colours might be too subtle. besides... red is a 'dangerous' colour. so i'm thinking of going that way now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orange would be a good compromise. Purple and yellow are best mates, so orange might be considered a friend of a friend..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was gonna paint it urban camo...But dunno what color to do for the missiles...

    ReplyDelete