Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Just Talking - Early July 2011

Well... might as well give you a summary.  For those who like to read here's your recap.

I am still whittling away at the kits I've got here.  In progress are MG Exia, HGUC GM Command and PG Strike Freedom.

Currently at work on Exia, GM, Strike in that order.

Shenlong was fun.  Titanium Finish was great.  Decals finished on the ANA 00.




Brought a bunch of the army out of their boxes.  Still about half to go so that means... God help me... about 40 kits.

But I'm plugging away.  You all know life gets in the way sometimes.

Still... great stuff is coming out constantly and right now I'm talking about the Gundam Wing kits.

Honestly I'm loving these things.  Not because I'm a fan of the series and not because it was the first Gundam series that I ever saw... speaking as a North American...  but because... the kits are ****ing awesome.

Wing, Shenlong and now... Epyon which to be completely honest... has impressed me a lot.  I love that thing.

So I want to make a couple of special posts today.  Special in my opinion.  One I saw from Gundam Guy.



Blue Epyon.  Lovely.  This is why I love modeling.  Doing stuff like this.

The second is from a modeler that I've had... a kind of infutation with for some time and this time she has really and truely blown me away.  I'm SO glad that they actually interviewed her for this project.  This girl SHOULD be as popular if not more so than Mariemon but... where is her blog?  Anyway just an awesome awesome Shenlong.  I shouldn't be surprised that it comes from her but I am.  I can tell you now... in some cases appearance doesn't matter.  Whoever this woman is I love her.  Damn.  Also from G.G.

Wing and Double Beam Trident!  + Semi Nataku colour scheme!


Double FUNCTIONAL and EXTENDABLE Dragon Fangs?!  *explodes*  Channeling some Virsago here maybe?
PLUS the TAIL?! omg
Seriously, I'm shocked.  This model has made a HUGE impression on me for one and to find that it's from a modeler that I've really liked for a while...
Can you imagine if your gf made Gundams like that?  That's crazy!  All I'm going to say is that I hope she's with a man that can appreciate what she does!  Because if she isn't that's just a straight tragedy.

So I'm going to take this moment now to profess my love in public.

上原さん.あなたの事全く知らないけど...大好きです!

8 comments:

  1. That's been a girl this entire time?! Wow, I was always under the impression that this was a guy, what with all the extra weapons. Reading japanese could really be handy sometime...
    About blue Epyons: you've likely noticed, but Toriko's working on a white-blue Shenlong-Epyon combo custom. It seems pretty complete, too, but there's no gallery yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what parts did she use to make altron's legs?

      Delete
  2. The Epyon is indeed awesome. But as awesome as it is...I'm gonna pass on it (for now, just for now), as I'm saving my moolah for the MG 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G. It'll be next on my list, then I'll go for the Delta Plus soon after!

    I saw that Altron mod the other day, but I had no idea it was from a girl! Very, VERY cool stuff. The only way that conversion could be any more perfect is if the Wings could combine to form an enormous Buster Sword like the SD version of the Wing EW ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what parts did she use to make altron's legs?

      Delete
  3. damn a chick made this holy yes im in love =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue Epyon?! ^&%*# there goes my master plan!

    That Altron is awesome, love the shoulders+wings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shaomu - i havent been to toriko's place in a bit. i'll check it out now.

    ckai - yeah that sd's wing/buster sword is pretty cool! i liked that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what parts did she use to make altron's legs?

    ReplyDelete