Monday, June 27, 2011

MG Exia - WIP 4 - Shoulders

Let's just get right to it.

After I shaved the excess putty off, I hand sanded with 180 grit to get it down to the level I wanted it at.  In hindsight, I needed this to be flat so I should have used one of my files or sanding sticks.  My mistake.

I have a choice of two types of extra vent parts.  Wave or Kotobukiya.  I used the Kotobukiya ones for a similar mod with my Infinite Justice.  Because of the area I'm working with the Wave vents seemed like a better option.

I flat sanded the back of the vents and glued them in place using Tamiya Extra Thin Cement (basically the only cement I use now).  It doesn't fit exactly flush.  There is a slightly less than 0.5mm gap at the top of the vents.  So again, in hindsight, I should have either sanded the shoulders flat or attached the vents when the putty was still malleable and pushed it all the way down in order to leave no gaps.  I'll know better next time!  Either way... it's barely noticeable and it definitely passes my inspection.  At this point, mods to the shoulders are essentially completed.

1 comment: