Sunday, June 26, 2011

MG Exia - WIP 3 - Refining

This is where we were last time.

I decided to come back to this after working on and finishing a couple of smaller projects that I've yet to post about.  I kinda went through some **** last week but hopefully it will leave me more focused for what's coming up.

Anyway, sorry for the lack of posts recently... but I haven't been idle during that time.  Let's take a look.

After the hacking and cutting the edges were left a bit rough.

All the rough edges were fixed.  Either shaved or sanded down.

I love this type of work.  The refining.  I used 180 grit sandpaper to take it down and then my exacto knife to make sure the edges were up to my standards.  I'm happy with how it looks now.  Pics of the finished product to come later.

More cutting!


Putty to fill in the gaps and even out the surface.

I used a bit of the left over putty on the feet.  I'm probably going to have to add more to this later.  A little bit of putty goes a long way!  I just shaved off a couple of thin slices but it ended up being more than I needed so I was searching for ways to use it.  Then I remembered the feet.  More about that later.  Now it's just a waiting game.