Wednesday, July 8, 2009

XN Raiser

As a lot of you know, Hobby Japan is shipping the XN Raiser (pronounced ZAN RAIZA in Japanese) kit with it's October issue which is coming out next month. This seems to be a 00V design.

So here is the question I have for you. Are you feeling it or not?

In my case, I'm not. I think the 00 Raiser is already way off balance with that space ship on its back and now this... I think it's over kill but some of the poses do look cool.

Another thing is that it was made to connect with the 0 Raiser but you can also connect it with almost any other 00 1/144 scale kit. Take a look.





I much prefer what Dengeki Hobby did with it's GN Sefer/Rasiel kits. Stand alone kits that, while having almost no points of articulation, didn't require another kit for it to be used.

That said... I actually like the design sketches of it as I'm a big fan of these kind of space ships (like the Vic Viper, R-9 etc. from video games.)

As I have a subscription to Hobby Japan I'm going to be getting this automatically... I'm wondering if I should pick up the 1/144 0 Raiser just to make it work. It might be nice to work on a space ship instead of a robot just for the change of pace. Also, I could just get the 0 Gundam that I've been looking at for I don't even know along and just attach it to that. God knows it's plain enough and could use a bit of sprucing up.

But to be honest, from the pictures above, I think it looks best on the Susanowo. Too bad I think the Susanowo design sucks @$$.

Oh well, maybe I'll be struck by lightning and get an idea for what to do with this thing.