Wednesday, July 8, 2009

XN Raiser

As a lot of you know, Hobby Japan is shipping the XN Raiser (pronounced ZAN RAIZA in Japanese) kit with it's October issue which is coming out next month. This seems to be a 00V design.

So here is the question I have for you. Are you feeling it or not?

In my case, I'm not. I think the 00 Raiser is already way off balance with that space ship on its back and now this... I think it's over kill but some of the poses do look cool.

Another thing is that it was made to connect with the 0 Raiser but you can also connect it with almost any other 00 1/144 scale kit. Take a look.





I much prefer what Dengeki Hobby did with it's GN Sefer/Rasiel kits. Stand alone kits that, while having almost no points of articulation, didn't require another kit for it to be used.

That said... I actually like the design sketches of it as I'm a big fan of these kind of space ships (like the Vic Viper, R-9 etc. from video games.)

As I have a subscription to Hobby Japan I'm going to be getting this automatically... I'm wondering if I should pick up the 1/144 0 Raiser just to make it work. It might be nice to work on a space ship instead of a robot just for the change of pace. Also, I could just get the 0 Gundam that I've been looking at for I don't even know along and just attach it to that. God knows it's plain enough and could use a bit of sprucing up.

But to be honest, from the pictures above, I think it looks best on the Susanowo. Too bad I think the Susanowo design sucks @$$.

Oh well, maybe I'll be struck by lightning and get an idea for what to do with this thing.

9 comments:

  1. personaly I like how it looks with Cherudim, and it seems that XN Raiser has some sort of hands/manipulators to hold Cherudim guns wich reminds me of Hazels (and Hrairoo) and their sub-arm units and that's definitly a plus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I'm not feeling it. I'll probably pick up the issue to put it aside for down the line maybe, but, nope, not feeling it at all. I think it comes down to the fact that there were really no Gundam 00 designs that jumped at me, and so naturally I'm not taken by the XN Raiser.

    That and the fact that it's most likely going to be like the Sefer/Rasiel kits, which required to be painted. Another reason why I haven't put those two together due to me being too lazy.

    On a different note, you have a subscription to HJ? Does it make it any cheaper? You don't see so many people getting subscriptions here I think just because it doesn't seem any cheaper like back home in America.

    ReplyDelete
  3. since, i missed out on the rasiel/sefer, i'm sooo gonna get this! by hook or by crook! XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am feeling it. I really like the sharp design of the XN.

    I can foresee some good use of the XN part...for the G00 1/144 kits of course, and also as spare part to be use in mod projects.

    If any of you will care to grab a spare copy or 2, I would be happy (eager) to dish out the cash to pay for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the versatility and, of course, the swords (didn't realize the swords combine until I looked @ XN Susanowo). But aside from that, I'm not feeling it at all, especially as another power-up for a powerful enough 00 Raiser.

    I'd have liked a little better if it could combine with Exia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so wait dis is gonna be in the october issue for degeki hobby am i rite???

    j-asian1skill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahah, Im already sold to the regular raiser(personaly cause its cute^^;;) But Xn looks pretty Bad@SS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. mixed responses on this one

    Aulon - i thought so too. that is a cool point of it.

    ASM - mm i liked a lot of the 00 designs but didnt like an almost equal amount. this ones falling on the 'dont like' side i think.

    no i didnt save a lot of money on the subscription. i expected that i would but when i saw the price i was like... wtf? thats it?! it almost not even worth it because there have been a couple of times when i'd have prefered to buy the dengeki hobby instead for that month. i went for it anyways just to save me the trouble of going out and buying it every month but looking back on it... im not sure if it was the best choice. either way it was a good experience but i wont renew my subscription.\

    Astray and G.G. - i'm sure a couple of us will be picking up some extra copies. ASM has been pretty good for that. i'll try too but im going to be really busy around the time it's released so no guarantees.

    gunota - yeah the 00 is already pretty over-powered isnt it!

    j - yeah thats right but its being released next month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man...I always thought that XN comes with Dengeki ><
    I'll be happy to buy a copy of Oct HJ off anyone wth extra. HJ is wayyy harder to get at my place compared to DH.

    ReplyDelete