Monday, September 13, 2010

HLJ VF-27 - Supplemental - "The Zone"

Not an official part of the WIP. I'm at the decal stage now and it's tough, time consuming work. Especially the way that I'm doing it. I feel like I'm going to have to put myself into the "zone" again and really just power through it.

It's weird. I felt myself getting there the other night but I had to shut it down early and go to bed (it was near 4am at the time). I'm not sure if you any of you have felt that before. That point when you're modeling and you just want to keep pushing and do as much as you can for as long as you can, regardless or time or plans for the next day. I felt that before when I was working on my Impulse.  (After re-reading that post it's funny to think about how little as changed.)

I'm going to have to go back to that 'place' again.  Force myself in because you know... I'm just frustrated.  Not with anything in particular.  Just myself.  My summer vacation is nearly over and I'm thinking of what I've done but what keeps coming back is what I haven't done.  Don't concentrate on the negatives just make the changes now.  No regrets.  Just movement.  Forward movement.  Gotta make it happen.

First I'll get the chores and stuff out of the way, so I can enter with a somewhat clear conscience.  I work best when the sun has completely disappeared so...  I'll be going into the zone at around 9pm and going hard until the jobs done.  Or I lose my mind.  Or should I say lose 'more' of my mind.

Time for the big push!  Here we go!!!

6 comments:

  1. You need a Cheerleader in your room to Cheer you on!

    Glad to see its almost done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. id take one! but you guys are a good support group! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't you say you have a girlfriend? Get her to cheer for you for eight straight hours. It's a fantastic workout, especially if it's Ouendan-style cheering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. がんばって!

    That's the way to do it! haha... Just follow your modeler instinct and don't think! Just do it!

    If it makes you feel any easier... even there is a lot of decals for this model, it's probably still less than Sinanju... heh xD

    We're all with you on this! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shaomu - HAD. she moved away and we split up :( thats just the way it goes sometimes!

    Z - thanks i appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I experience the 'Zone' you are talking about as well. It usually happens when I am doing decal work as that requires the most concentration even though you aren't doing anything strenuous. It's a zen thing, maybe. When just doing a build, you cut and snap and can break the rhythm at any time then pick it up again afterwards, but decals seem to be a different type of thing altogether.

    ReplyDelete