Tuesday, September 7, 2010

HLJ Playing with Plastic Contest Winners.

I'm sure most of you have seen it already but if you haven't check it out here.

After looking at the winners I realized one thing.  I was in WAY over my head! LOL!  There are some really powerful modelers out there!  I can't hope to compete with them at my current skill level.

I mean just look at this!  That water is amazing!


However it got me to thinking... If you spend a long time on something and it's really good there's nothing stopping you from entering it into multiple competitions.

Anyway congrats to all the winners, including fellow bloggers, Z for his MG Blue Frame, Don at DC23 Mech Arts for "The Graveyard" and MatX for the Ice Queen. Totally worthy!  Definitely don't mind losing to this caliber of modelers.  Top Coat/Photo/Pose King and Gods of Kotobukiya Extra Parts and Pla-Plate respectively.  Well done gentlemen.

Some of the runner's up were very impressive too!  Definitely worth a look!

But to all of you who didn't win, I haven't forgotten about you.  Here's something from me to you.  Good job guys!  SALUTE!

7 comments:

  1. You can always try again Next Time, I'll be Cheering you on!!! -David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do find all these female pics? O.o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks bro!!! lucky win for me. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks BB. Don and I were both lucky in our respective categories. It's my first "major" win.

    I do like your Black Sinanju (the Sinanju is actually my most favorite).

    ReplyDelete
  5. david - thanks man! appreciate that!

    tom - i'm a tireless researcher!

    dc23- nothing lucky about it! you deserved it my friend.

    matx - nah you guys are great! you both definitely put in the time and i cant think of anyone more worthy. thanks for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh... Thank you, BB :D

    Though to be honest, I do feel a bit embarrassed for being mentioned among the other great modelers out there. Everyone else put out wicked modifications of all sorts... and I have a straight built ^^;. It's kinda humorous actually if you can picture us in person standing side by side holding our models XD.

    I was all giddy when I saw your Ebon Enforcer! It at least worth an honorable mention and I thought it could be a worthy runner-up. It's like the only black Sinanju out there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. when it comes to straight builds i think you've got a lot of people beat just because you're photography and posing is SO good! thats nothing to be ashamed off! Personally i like your MG red frame more than your Blue but... what else is new. thanks for the kind words. guess i'm just going to have make something even better for the next competition now that I know what im facing! haha

    ReplyDelete