Friday, September 11, 2009

Origami for Parts Separation

I knew I'd ignite a **** storm with my last topic and sure enough I did. Easily the most commented on post of my blog, with a pretty decent discussion going on about the 'physics' (or lake thereof) in the Gundam Universe.

Moving on to something much simpler but still dealing with physics in another manner... Origami.

I learned how to make this box when I was 9 years old and I never forgot how. I decided to make a couple out of some useless flyers we had sitting around at my parents place so I could separate my parts for painting. Back at my apartment I have boxes and bags and everything I need for parts separation, not to mention the space but back home... well I just improvised a bit to make things easier on myself.



What's that? You don't know how to make one? You want to make one too? OK, take a look.


Origami:
How To Make An Origami Star Box

Of course I learned this from a book years ago... before there was even an 'internet' (God I'm old.) never mind streaming video. If you're anything like me, once you learn it you won't forget and you'll be able to make one from any kind of paper, any time you want.