Thursday, March 5, 2009

Found the PG Astray! and a Purple Sinanju?!


I couldn't believe this when I saw it. Wtf?! How and why does this store have TWO PG Astray's out already?! They had the regular one and the one with the clear armour on. Take a look at the Purple Sinanju beside it for size comparison. Here's of closer look at that.

It's kind of a muted purple. Doesn't really... pop. It's metallic. Chrome thrusters and look at the gold tubing. I just did that 2 days ago! Nice but not really feeling it so much. What do you guys think of this colour scheme?

Anyways, after taking a good look at the PG Astray in person I can say that it is definitely something I want. Don't really need the clear parts though. I do want that Tiger Pierce, extra sword however.

Suggested retail price is 18900 yen but shops around here are selling it for 12800 or 13000. They've started taking pre-orders for it but I was checking out other shops today and wasn't at my regular place so I'm going to order it from there... maybe next week.

3 comments:

  1. Violet? Or maybe lilac? Fruity as it seems I think it works. The purple, black, and gold compliment each other nicely.

    I pre ordered my PG ARF for about 13000. Delivered to my Japanese address COD. Can't understand how HLJ etc get away with charging 170-18000, a full 5000 more than some stores, amazon etc. That's a big margin of difference - like if I saw the same pair of shoes in two different places with a fifty dollar difference I would be pretty shocked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, there's something I've been wondering and perhaps you can provide an answer/ask your retailer? Does Bandai have a team of people that pre build/paint kits for display to supply to stores, or do the stores get advance kits for display and build/paint them themselves? What a job, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. too much brown to be violet and not enough blue and pink for lilac. i dont know wtf that colour is. i like those traditional purples though. i think this one was custom made.

    as far the difference in prices... i think most of the money goes to shipping costs. its going to be heavy... I got a chart of how much it costs to send XXX kg's to XXX country. It's not really that cheap for heavy things like this PG model. That's probably where most of the extra money goes.

    and as far as i know... the hobby shop staff assemble it themselves on their own time. but I think they get to keep the model after they're done displaying it. that would be a pretty cool thing to do for you job tho! provided they gave you enough time.

    ReplyDelete