Sunday, December 28, 2008

MSN-06S Sinanju - Work Log 5 - Thrusters

Pretty hard session today. Wanted to get most of the frame work completed before I went to bed and I think I did. Not much left to do besides the weapons and the head. So I think I can safely move on to armour work now. That's going to be a very time consuming process because that's going to be where all the painting and decal work come in. I'm thinking to do it all BEFORE I put the armour on. It's a change of pace but I think that'd be the most efficient way. I'm not planning on doing so much painting, but I always say that and things get away from me.

Anyways, let's talk about the thrusters. There are a lot of them. I'm finally startin to realize this trend in Zeon suits. The massive amount of power. Doms, Gelgoogs, Zeong, Sazabi... massive amounts of thrusters but I think this one takes the cake. Three on either leg that swivel 360 degrees, two on both sides of the waist, two on either shoulder, two on the main pack, and 4 all together on the wings. 18. Compare that to RX 78-2. 4 small ones in the feet and two on the backpack. It's almost embarrasing. Theoretically if the Sinanju can move it's thrusters like this model can with the right OS it would be INSANELY agile. I shudder to think of the possibilities... AND the energy requirements. Ouch.

Also as I was building I noticed a lot of sweet details on the underskirt and on the engines that are, unfortunately, never going to be seen. I took pictures so I could look at it later and be reminded of just how much detail was put into this kit.

Engine detail.


Underskirt detail.

Checking out the shoulder thrusters.

Checking out the waist thrusters.

Checking out the leg thrusters.

Comparing back packs. Pretty sad eh. Poor Rx-78. He must feel so obsolete :(

No comments:

Post a Comment