Friday, December 26, 2008

MSN-06S Sinanju - Work Log 2 - Feet and Legs

Well after working on the feet and legs I can see why this kit cost so much. OYW was interesting because it had a unit skeleton for the leg. Impulse and I.Justice both had a lot of detail, some sliding parts, but too thin to be realistic. This suit... is sturdy. Not that many parts and good articulation. And it's built like a war machine. Flexible but heavy. And powerful. Much better design than the OYW but then again... this suit was made almost 20 years later (UC time). It is big. See for yourself. I'm using my OYW RX-78.2 in the shots for comparison. Sinaju is built like a UC CE suit. It's almost Seed/Destiny -esque in it's design but... it's not. It's more realistic. And that's why I love it. Great engineering. Exactly one panel per leg.
There are a couple little details in there for the purists. Saw some parts that I might want to paint providing they aren't covered up with armour. I'm going to wait until I put the armour only before I consider doing any painting on the frame. There are a couple of places I'm definitely going to hit though. So far so good! I'm liking this kit so far.

Here's a pic of my loot before I started. Sinanju has been on my mind recently as you can tell.
Camparison shots:

5 comments:

  1. wow, the OYW RX-78-2 really looks small when placed beside Sinanju skeleton which is only completed up till the waist portion. What a monster! looking forward to your completed Sinanju.

    ReplyDelete
  2. o0o how will you be tackling the gold parts? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to live in Japan eh?... I am so envious that you got your hand on this baby.

    I am still waiting for it to arrive to the states. Man...this wait is killing me @%#%$@#!!!!

    Keep up the post, wanna see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. jacques- yeah no kidding eh. its shaping up to be a very tall MS. I mean the RX-78-2 isn't a small machine but still... I heard the Unicorn is quite tall as well.

    z - gold parts... yeah i've been wrestling with that one. Since I'm planning on painting some extra parts gold as well I want to use a decal set that will match that. They were nice enough to provide two sets of decals so I'll use at least one of them. I was thinking of hand painting everything but I kinda want to use the decals just so they won't be a waste. Actually I changed my original paint scheme idea to one that would be more decal friendly. I heard v.Ka kits of famous for the amount of decals they provide.

    GG - yep sometimes it is nice living here! I mean this is the birth place of Gundam right? Although sometimes I think Malaysia has the biggest fans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi

    I think this is like to cartoons.

    ReplyDelete