Thursday, July 17, 2008

AMS-129 Geara-Zulu (Angelo Sauper Custom)


pzulu
Originally uploaded by Busterbeam

As I understand it the Geara-Zulu descended from the Geara-Doga. A fine suit in it own right. I've seen variations of this Zulu from dark purple to pink. Personally I think a purple MS is quite a bold statement. The pilot must have extra ordinary confidence to pilot a suit like this. I like the double spikes, reminiscent of the Gouf and the large rifle kinda reminds me of the Tallgeese. I'm not sure about those large fuel tanks though. Kind of an eye sore and what's the point of that fin on the opposite side of the rifle? That said I do think its a very nice suped up grunt suit. Does anyone know of another purple MS? Now that I think of it... I don't think I've ever even seen a purple CAR.

7 comments:

  1. You do know that the fuel tanks are for syncing attacks with the leader unit Sinanju, right?

    And the UC uses real combustible fuel rather than the magical GN propulsion system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i haven't read the manga yet so no i didn't know that. I know that UC uses real fuel but I think the huge fuel tanks standing out like that are an eye sore from a design standpoint. thats what my comment was referring to. they're done much better on the Sinanju. Any ideas about the fin on the opposite side of the rifle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, my bad if I sounded rude.

    I think that 'fin' is a non-visual(like radio or somesuch) sensor array. I admit that the mini-antenna made me think so, but it would be useless since Minovski particles would suppress radio waves.

    Then again, if it had to sync attacks and formations with Sinanju, then it must be used to keep both units in contact even under a Minovski field.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mm a sensor array kinda makes sense. I really should take a look at that manga someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are there no more models of 1/100 Ams 129 geara zulu guard custom & standard custom.... Seems no more shown in the net for the past few months exept angelo saupers model unit....

    ReplyDelete
  6. no plans for that im afraid. people lost interest in the 1/100 versions of these. i wouldnt hold your breath. 1/144 is more likely

    ReplyDelete
  7. How come people has no interest on geara doga & zulu??? Seems bandai also has no interest on producing them or introducing them to the collectors.... Hope I cud find a stock to buy them.... Any Idea where can I subscribe both of them....

    ReplyDelete