Saturday, March 8, 2008

MG RX-78-2 Ver. One Year War - Customized colour scheme


rx78-2-108
Originally uploaded by Busterbeam

Done.

Finally.

Many firsts here. First time I've had to do major repairs, first time I've applied decals generously, first time I've changed the colour scheme (twice for that matter!) and the first time I've ever painted a kit (and completed it).

It's funny looking at these pics. When I first started this project I was at a different stage in my life. So much has happened to me in just the span of this models creation process. I remember what was happening in my life when I was cutting him off the sprues, when I was painting him, when I moved him and did the touch ups and finally when I took the final pictures. All those different stages of his life were different stages of mine too. Oddly he's come to symbolize something else in my life... my own personal growth.

Full gallery here.

4 comments: