Tuesday, May 24, 2011

MG Shenlong - WIP 2

Technically this would be WIP 1.  WIP 2 is just me spraying the whole frame again with the same acrylic chrome silver.

Made sure to hit the joints properly... of course almost all of it gets covered up but I do this on principle not for practically.  If there's one thing I've noticed about my building process it's that I consistently build the entire frame first and then attach the armour to it.  I look at them as separate entities so I almost never follow the build process in the manual. I love seeing the frame before I launch into the armour section.  Long time readers will have noticed that with me.  I don't know why I do it that way.  All I know is that I have to do it that way.

What came before.
What comes now.
Recap:  First I sprayed on runner.  Cut, nub work, assemble.  Paint does come onto my fingers as I do this.  Spray again, same colour hitting trouble spots and joints.  Tissue in the cockpit so Wu-Fei doesn't get hit.

Next:  Armour time starting at the bottom and working up.  Also something I always do.  I don't know why.  I'm going to stop questioning it.  It is what it is.