Tuesday, May 24, 2011

MG Shenlong - WIP 2

Technically this would be WIP 1.  WIP 2 is just me spraying the whole frame again with the same acrylic chrome silver.

Made sure to hit the joints properly... of course almost all of it gets covered up but I do this on principle not for practically.  If there's one thing I've noticed about my building process it's that I consistently build the entire frame first and then attach the armour to it.  I look at them as separate entities so I almost never follow the build process in the manual. I love seeing the frame before I launch into the armour section.  Long time readers will have noticed that with me.  I don't know why I do it that way.  All I know is that I have to do it that way.

What came before.
What comes now.
Recap:  First I sprayed on runner.  Cut, nub work, assemble.  Paint does come onto my fingers as I do this.  Spray again, same colour hitting trouble spots and joints.  Tissue in the cockpit so Wu-Fei doesn't get hit.

Next:  Armour time starting at the bottom and working up.  Also something I always do.  I don't know why.  I'm going to stop questioning it.  It is what it is.

3 comments:

  1. hmmm looks tasty :D

    and yes it's better not to question some things :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks blinged out. What silver paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading so many reviews and other things of the sort I've also wound up building the same way as you, though I typically only put half the armor on sometimes or armor various areas but leave the frame showing uo until I finally get the kit finish. My MG Wing Gundam has been sitting around with the right side armored for close to a year now...

    ReplyDelete