Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Avalanche Astraea Type F Dash

What do you think?  One of my favourite modelers, Schizophonic9 did this.


His photos and finish, as usual, are awesome but... that mass of pink is killing me, even if he did break it up with different tones... I would have liked to have seen a bit more variety in there... a couple more white pieces would have gone a long way I think. Almost hurts my eyes... It's just too much.

I mean it's not like I'm opposed to pink. Check this out.

Doesn't that look nice?  Tasteful.  Not so gaudy.  At first the pink Hi-Nu was making me feel strange but I think it looks okay now!

But that pink monster above...  Wow.

Also... maybe it's just me but I think all the Avalanche Dash armour is a bit much.  If it was just the regular Avalanche I might be ok with it...  might be.

Still... It's no Musha Avalance Astraea. That one will always take the cake for me.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm beginning to see that we have very similar tastes in giant mecha. Schizophonic9 is a great modeller; doesn't really do mods, but can make kits look grades higher so well! And his kit reviews are fairly in-depth for something I can't read. Love how he reviews, then paints, then shows off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that modded Astraea f, he couldve added some whites to it like you said or maybe made the pink less glossy. But still the entire gunpla still looks neat and awesome nonetheless =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Musha Avalance Astraea for the win! It's freaking awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a little too shocking pink for me. I think it's an awesome mod, but definitely agree with you with on the need for more shades. The first time I looked at it I thought his paint had bled off too much!

    On the other hand, the Musha Avalanche does look pretty awesome, and definitely well balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dude i totally like the avalanche equipment on the astraea type f more dan exia at this point mite just but the exia hg avalanche just to make it like that for astraea

    ReplyDelete