Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Janitor has done it again!

Keita the Janitor (that's what it says on his website!) from WeMesarion has finally finished his GN-X.

Took a look at the before and after.

And that's what you can do with one of these plastic models if you're willing to put the time in.

I've been following his blog and it looks like he's finally done. You can check it out here for more pictures. He hasn't done the full gallery w/action poses and write up yet but the end result of his labours sure is impressive!

Man I love this guys work so much. He's one of the reasons why I started getting more serious about my Gunpla and even now after all the time and effort that I've put in, I still look at his work and think... Damn I'm so far away.

His sense of style is so good! He knows where to sand, what parts to flatten, where to put extra panel lines, when to lengthen and shorten a part... So much stuff that seems beyond me right now. It's like he can look at a model and see what's WRONG with it and knows how to make it right. His changes are subtle, and he rarely does full on re-colours. He doesn't even use that many after market parts. He sculpts, sands, and etches a lot. Who would have thought of putting extra lenses in on the "X" thrusters. Or lengthening the spike on the shoulders. Giving the whole thing more flat surfaces all around... They're just things that never would have occurred to me to do.

Ugh... it's not fair. But all I can do is keep trying! Maybe I can't be like him but I can be a good modeler in my own way. I still look up to him though. What a master!

7 comments:

  1. KEITA... I've been admiring his work ever since i saw his Strike Freedom ZAFT White... This GN-X looks like metallic diecast model... O_O

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally WOAH-ed when I saw his pic. Makes me want to get a GN-X and I've always hated it, but then again I know that I'll never be able to make it look as good as this

    ReplyDelete
  3. gotta say the model looks way better thanks to the paint and the extra details like the red orbs and parts, and the well made panel lining.

    imo im years away to make a model like this, and i never saw a GN-x that actually rocked

    ReplyDelete
  4. damn looks nice it looks so realistic straight out of a factory lol love the paint job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only Keita can make a GN-X that looks amazing and intimidating.

    That's not to say your work isn't amazing. The models I've seen you produce since I started following your blog have looked excellent. Nearly on par with Keita's work.

    So I'd say you're doing just fine, BB. Just keep doing what you do, cause it looks fine as is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ZOMG!!! Keita-sama BANZAI!!!!

    Im so gonna ninja copy his modding LOLZ

    *grins*

    /jk lolz

    ReplyDelete
  7. K' - yep me too. that was his first work that i ever saw and ive been hooked since then

    Appasionata - yep my sentiments exactly. i didnt like the gn-x until i saw the gn-x3 with its lance.

    zrogunota - thats supremely awesome of you to say that. i dont believe it but i certainly do appreciate the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete