Monday, August 3, 2009

Testing out different light sources.

Using my Mark 2 to test out some different lighting combinations. I didn't use a flash but I used different combinations of 3 different light sources.




In the end I settled on natural sunlight.

If sunlight wasn't an option I'd go for the one just above this picture. I like a bit of shadow in my pictures to provide some depth. It does make the details a bit more difficult to see but I like the added 'drama' haha I didn't edit these photos at all for the record. Only a bit of cropping.
Which one do you prefer?
These are just the options I have here in Canada. I think I can take better shots back in Japan but the problem with that is... my apartment is terrible when it comes to natural sunlight. I mean... it's really bad.
As far as other modellers go, I've always liked the way lupes does his photos. What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. Sunlight FTW ^^

    AstrayP03

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like sunlight is hard to top. Out of the others, the third one has the most natural looking white balance to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the comment! i'll keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine are actually taken with a mixture of sunlight+being right under a lamp, using simple mode. I've got a nice huge window near the place where I usually take my pictures.

    I'm pretty happy to hear you like how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sure man. its similar to how id like to take pictures myself

    ReplyDelete