Tuesday, June 16, 2009

HGUC Nu Gundam vs HGUC Hi-Nu Gundam

The difference in size is really surprising! I'm a bit dissapointed actually but still... this 1/144 Hi-Nu looks great! Front skirts seem a bit long but that's a minor gripe.

Might cave in and get this... I'll be heading back to Canada for the summer so maybe something like this to leave for the family to remember me? haha. It would also be nice to have a small little project for when I'm kicking around the house with nothing in particular to do.

And it pains me to say this but there are still a lot of my 'boys' who are currently 'in stasis' back home in Canada (translation: old gundam models in boxes or on a shelf somewhere collecting dust). I kinda feel like I'd like to bring a new 'brother' to them just so that they can get out that staleness they've been stuck in for years. Why not the Hi-Nu? Or the O Gundam? Or both?!






Photos from http://blog.livedoor.jp/aburamamire/ and http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/taka421jp

10 comments:

  1. I thought the Hi-Nu is taller than the Nu... and its beam rifle looks a bit atrocious compared to Nu's o_0.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the Hi Nu was bigger as well. Research indicates otherwise:

    Hi Nu: Head height 20 Meters

    http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/cca-novel/rx-93-v-2.htm

    Nu: Head height 22 Meters

    http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/cca/rx-93.htm

    BB I say do it. I've always been a sucker for the Nu/Hi Nu design, even though they get a frequent bashing. Have fun back home and post an update or two while you're there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yo ur gonna be going back to toronto rite???

    j-asian1skill

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you really want to invest in Hi-Nu, I suggest you get the MG ver. Since the HG ver is really not that great (IMO of course).

    - Is too short

    - The body porportion is a bit off

    - You can only play with 2 funnels, the other 4 cannot be detach.

    There are just too much cons. But then everyone's taste is different.

    Don't forget to post during when u are in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. tonzo will do. now that i have the official specs that say hi-nu is SUPPOSED to be shorter no one can really complain. they just look wierd side by side. still outside of unicorn in Destroy mode Nu-Gundam is the tallest Fed suit.

    z - yeah thats true but what can you expect from a HGUC model. gotta put a bit more work in to make it look nice.

    j - yep back to TO

    G.G - i will dont worry. Yeah of course the MG version is better but its more of a commitment and the amount of space it takes up! and the price! ah... dont know what to do... but my default reaction in situations like this is just to say F it and get both. i have the money after all. I can get this for 1000 yen which is like 8-9$ canadian. it's not really that big a deal. what is that? 2 beers at a bar? or one pint of guiness here! blah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I noticed the same thing with the MG kits, I can only assume it's because the finished version = smaller compenents. We all know how huge prototypes are, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats a good explanation actually. generally prototypes ARE larger than the mass produced/improved versions. it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  8. im a sucker when it come to their funnels.. whats longer? nu or hi nu's funnels?

    ReplyDelete