Sunday, June 7, 2009

HG O Gundam


1236555954845
Originally uploaded by sandrum

I've been wrestling with the idea of buying this for months now and I keep coming down on the side of DON'T... but I really want to and I love the design and I think the kit looks great.

I saw it at my local hobby shop the other day and I had to resist the urge not to buy it. In fact when I saw it, I held the box in my hands, thought about it and was forced to put the box down and leave immediately because I do NOT want give in and pick up yet another model.

Anyone else out there feel like this? You really want to buy a model and you have the money but there's just so many other things you should be doing and blahblahblah. I really want to get this but... I keep telling myself that I can. Just not now. That's kind of the good thing about Gundam models. I can still probably get this a couple of years from now.

But still... It's hard sometimes. It's hard to stop.

One of the main things that I like about this model is it's proportions and it's design. It's not as radical as most of the other 00 designs but it still seems quite modern. I like the simple armament as well. Shield, gun, beam sabre. However I don't like the look of the vents/exhaust ports on the calves though. Other than that it's a perfect suit for me.

Oh well. Someday. But for now, discipline rules.