Wednesday, April 27, 2011

MG Exia - WIP 1 - Break down


After looking at it for some time and mulling things over I decided that I'd finally dis-assemble the whole thing and get it ready for painting and modifications. I spent a lot of time talking with my family this weekend (it being Easter and all, relatives were stopping by relatively often hehe), I took the opportunity to get some work done because I'm a social Gunpla guy like that. I like to have someone to talk to or listen to while I'm working.

While I was taking it apart I made note of areas of concern (and I did manage to break a part in the process but I think I can salvage it... or just do away with the whole concept all together.)  I'm talking about the extra, collapsible "antennae" on either of the "collar bones".  I know it's a key part of the design and I do like them but I think they're impractical and get in the way sometimes.  I'll probably scrap them or put them some place else on the suit.

I won't be keeping any secrets with this but I will be revealing things as I work on them.

Despite my efforts in setting up a decent laboratory in the basement I still prefer working in my room so I bring up tools and equipment from the lab as I need them.  Right now the one I'll be working with is the 'saw'.  Time to start hacking up some of this plastic.

5 comments:

  1. Now you just need a spray booth and you can paint in your room! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curious to see how this ends up turning out. I'm glad to see I'm not the only person that likes having someone to chat with when working on Gunpla. I find it really helps on some of the monotonous sections and it's cool to get some feedback on stuff as I work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom - dont think my mom is going to go for it. at all! gotta do it outside

    Sonar - re colour!

    NoZaku - i know what you mean man

    ReplyDelete
  4. i will go crazy with this mess =.=

    ReplyDelete