Saturday, May 30, 2009

PG Astray: Strike Frame


PICT0437
Originally uploaded by Busterbeam

I mentioned before that I'd be spending a bit more time on the frame than usual on principle and I'm think I'm finaly done with the basic frame.

I wanted to give it a used, metallic look so I did a bit of silver dry brushing all over the frame and painted the tubes/wires. I could have done a better job but it's all going to be covered up by armour anyways so I didn't put in my best effort. However I do believe that some of my efforts will pay off once the armour is applied because a bit of the frame is going to peek out in places so... We'll just have to wait and see if I'm right or not.

As usual there are more images at my flickr.

4 comments:

  1. Looks good so far! Can you explain how you 'dry-brush' the silver on? I have yet to try it look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, do teach us. I think this style of frame painting will be awesome for kits such as the Zaku...Gouf...etc.

    And did you paint the tube with fine brush or gundam markers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the dry brushing on the gunmetal inner frame looks nice to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope my 'dry brushing' post helped with your questions guys.

    G.G. - i agree with you. ive seen it used to
    great effect on the zaku 2.0 and gouf 2.0 frames.

    as for the tube question... i did both! i alternated!

    ReplyDelete