Saturday, July 3, 2010

Gifts from Abroad

This post was long overdue and I want to publicly apologize to Sonar (over at the evil cow forum which is currently down) for not saying anything sooner.  I really should have and I certainly appreciate the presents and the gesture!  Definitely my bad bro.  Sorry!


The plaque will certainly go well on my display stand!
If you're new to this blog you may not know about the 2009 GAF Sinanju Group Build, largely done by myself, Gaigun, ASM and Lupes


Good memories.  Part of me wonders if I'm really done with that Sinanju or not.  I just had an idea yesterday to give it a 2nd bazooka and shield... but there really are other things I should be doing!
Still though... certainly fun times and good memories!  I can say that now that it's all over but looking back on it... damn I spent a lot of time on that mech! haha  To this day I haven't been able to commit that type of dedication to a project yet.  But in my defence... I'd probably finish more kits if I was using spray cans again.  Commiting to airbrush work has slowed down my progress and motivation considerably.
Just gotta press on!

3 comments:

  1. I know the feeling about moving on from spray cans. Recently got myself a new airbrush and while the difference if HUGE, the effort has drained my motivation a bit. There are so many things to get used to with using it.

    I really loved all the sinanjus in the group build, you guys all did a great job^ ^

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're most welcome mate. =) I like the idea of a 2nd Bazooka, and maybe even a third! Though I doubt the Sinanju could support the weight without some structural modding.

    I'm currently working on the new website and forum. I've managed to get things up and running but there's still a fair bit of work to be done before I open it up to the public. Soon as I learn the basic HTML I need to know we'll be cookin'. Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete
  3. okami thanks! and im glad im not the only one who feels that way!

    tonzo - yeah weight would be a big issue. the left arm is already destroyed and very loosely repaired. good luck with the new site!

    ReplyDelete