Wednesday, November 4, 2009

This bazooka is done. - Part 1

In order to fix the cracking problem I mentioned before, I broke the piece off out right and then cemented it back in.

Sanded but didn't prime again.

First time using Aurora stickers for the lenses.

The result. I love them!

Bazooka details. Used just regular enamel paints. I realized that I actually painted it in the wrong shade of gold and had to repaint using the same Gundam marker that I used on my Sinanju. I did do panel and detail lining in regular enamel gold though.

Extra water slide decals courtesy of Gaijin Gunpla, who kindly sent me his extra decals in the mail. Thanks for that man! I did put some of them to use! Also this was my first time using mark setter and softer. I swear by the Mr. Mark Softer now. Love it!

If you look carefully you'll see that the broken piece started to crack again once I put it back on the bazooka. Oh well. Now I'm deciding whether I should fix it or just cut my losses and leave it alone.

Went a bit decal crazy, but I had them to use so... why not! But I did use up a lot of the extra decals I had laying around so at least they didn't go to waste.

I wanted my bazooka to be specific for the EE. As you can probably tell... this bazooka won't match up with any other Sinanju but my own.

9 comments:

  1. That looks really solid. I noticed you did it in flat black instead of metallic black like the EE. Is the difference distinguishable, or were you going for the flat look for the weaponry?
    Also, where did your order your Aurora stickers from? I was interested in picking up some for various gunpla I'm working on (including my own Sinanju).

    PS - I was the Anonymous poster in your two WTF posts. I just didn't realize I could use my Google account to post. I've been following your work for a few months now. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking good! I need to go back to my bazook and put in some extra time on it, compared to the rest of the model it's way below standard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not fill the crack with come filling putty, Though, painting over it may be a problem

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... Gold and black makes for one sexy bazooka :D

    Man, all these people making awesome work of their Sinanju makes me think I should do something about mine too!

    ... Nahhhhhh xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Niiiiice dude! Yeah definitely fix that muzzle. It won't take long for the amount of return. Really nicely done man. Tip my hat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks really good, orderd my own sinanju for the future. and got me some mark softner from the company humbrol and i really like it it works perfect.

    keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gj on fixing da muzzle but i dont think dat bazooka only fits urs it could fit mine lol since i didnt really custom paint mine so yea lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. skip - thanks for your comments in this topic and in the others. yeah you can use your google account for a bunch of the different things now. blogger, wordpress, youtube etc. nice to have you aboard.

    i originally chose the flat black because i have a lot of it and i just wanted to test out my new airbrush. I really liked the end result so i decided to stick with it! after I top coated it, it lost some of it's flatness but its still not as shiny as the metallic black because it doesnt have the multicolored shiny flecks in the paint like the metallic black does. that said... its not really that noticeable. the gold does a good job of drawing the eye away from that. you really only see that its black and if you look carefully you'll see that its not the same type of black as the armour. i actually wanted them to be the same colour but after i saw how good the flat black looked i decided to just keep it that way. the rifle doesnt match either! its gunmetal so i just decided to have the weapons as different shades of the same colour (metallic grey and flat black as opposed to metallic black)

    order? the only thing i've ever ordered was an extra antiship sword for my mg impulse. i get all my stuff at local hobby shops. i just ride my scooter there! or walk in some cases. i do recommend the aurora stickers though. i was quite surprised at how good they look.

    lupes - how about a blue bazooka?! haha i'd love to see that! dont think its the best choice though

    gunstray - yeah im thinking to do that. ive already done so much already so i might as well just do it right and finish it properly.

    z - haha i lol'd at your comment! yeah better just to move on!

    tonzo - hey thanks for that, and yeah i think i will.

    marc - thanks for that! i appreciate your comment

    ReplyDelete
  9. well, I will be using dark mica blue for my Sazabi HGUC...I might try that ;) I want to mess with the rifle more as well too, we'll see what I come up with!

    ReplyDelete