Monday, November 16, 2009

OK... I'm starting to scare myself now...

With the new eye this thing is starting to look alive. It's always looking. Always awake. The eye is always shining. That single, solitary eye. Always watching!

I fear for the place I'll end up at once this is done. I almost like the nondescript mask more. I mean both are equally emotionless but this single shining eye can be a bit off putting. It looks more fearsome now that the eye can be seen as opposed to the shaded face.

More to come obviously as I'm just really in the testing stage now.

Changing the face is a big deal for me. I feel like it really contains the soul and personality of the machine (oxymoron yeah but you know what I mean). Changed some of the lines, opened up the visor, changed some of the colours. Some of the most precise work I've done to date has been modding this eye and helmet.

Details to follow.

9 comments:

  1. wow looks nice i want to do dat for ma sinanju too. i really hate like its badass but u can even see the eye like seriously. so wut did u use for the eye? i was planning on cutiing the two holes apart frmthe face and make it lower but i dunno anymore so yea

    ReplyDelete
  2. i see you felt the same way about the eye as I did. Looks good so far. And, ya, what did you use for the eye?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The face has an almost Knightmare frame look to it, all hail the Busterbeamian Empire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys. i actually used a piece of mirrored decorative tape and an aurora decal. love those things!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one Bb. Look forward to reading the details. Soul of the Machine = oxymoron = Robot Damashii xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. EE is coming for you!!

    I'd love to get in to LED modding, but sticking a red one in to the head of sinanju+the wires would be tough to make look clean, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think the LED wouldn't be difficult if you ran the wiring into the hollow chest compartment. But I have not attempted LED yet, either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. perhaps remove the cockpit and replace it with a sort of rat's nest for the wiring? hmm, could probably stick the switch under the collar..

    Ugh, I'm going to wind up taking this thing apart again. It never ends, I tell you!!

    ReplyDelete