Saturday, March 5, 2011

The one I'm happy to do.

Someone on my facebook page said "want to see the one you happy to do..."  about the preceding post.

This is the Gundam I'm happy to do.  Titanium Finish MG RX-78-2 V.2.0

I truly think I am addicted to Gundams sometimes.  While at the same time feeling like "I'm the guy who used to build Gundams".  Now I'm the guy who "makes" Gundams.


I have NO backlog.  Everything is built.  This MG is the last one and then finally everything is built.  And all I have to do for that is the armour now.


Yes I'm going to take my time with this because this is the one I love.  This was a GIFT from my volleyball team and I'm going to make it worthy of them!  That means "time" and "patience"... And my favourite thing... Meticulousness.










No I'm not done but I'm working on it. Just taking my time. Nothing more to build! It's nice actually. I can actually focus on making one of these things as great as I want it to be. SO looking forward to the "Mark 2 Project".

Happy to do Gundams. As it should be.

11 comments:

  1. No backlog?! Awesome work Busterbeam. BTW, is the inner frame painted, or did you just put in small detail? And I love the shininess of the kit. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. no this frame already comes molded in a gunmetal type of plastic that i like so i just left it. i just did a bit of hand painted mechanical detail work. thats it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I'm working on the Full Armor Gundam right now. The inner frame is so freaking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OF COURSE you should be happy to do it!

    If Gunpla ain't fun for you, you're either doing something wrong or you probably need another hobby.

    That said, I'd like to reiterate what I've posted dozens of times (and it truly bears repeating): If that MS is gonna stand on your shelf for years to come, why not take the time to make it worth looking at? For you, and no one else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. tom - yeah i saw that! enjoy the process!

    ckai - totally agree with you my friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. NO backlog! An enviable status, to be sure.

    Loving the frame detail. Makes me think I should do something about my MG RX 2.0 frame...

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah you were doing a good job on that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No backlog is incredible! I have a list of backloged kits so long most people would call me a hoarder. But I've heard of worse cases. I've got 63 kits if you include MG Deathscythe Hell EW (on it's way) and Shenlong EW (pre-ordered).

    I would like to say, I'll have them all done be years end, but I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 63! oh my goodness. getting them done by years end would be an epic task! id love to see a photo of them all together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Honestly...I don't see what the issue is with 'backlogs'. What does that mean, really? For me, it just means there's lots more kits to have fun building!

    No backlog would mean no more kits to build...and that would be sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. there you go! i like that positivity! its all about perception

    ReplyDelete