Friday, March 18, 2011

Just talking... Mid March 2011

I'm worried that my boys may have been lost at sea.  I've received one box of the 4 that I sent from Japan and it was the box I sent on the day that I left.  The last box I sent arrived first and it was the only box that had nothing in it but some clothes and some personal letters.

Where are my Gundams?! I am concerned.

I've been working on getting things setup here and I have a decent display area now... for ALL of them... but will I see them again?  The earthquake and the tsunami... were they lost in transit?  I sent them by surface/ship.  Held up at customs?  It's been just over 6 weeks.  I'll give it a bit more time I guess.  What else can I do?  I suppose I could try and talk to the post office to see what they have to say about it but I doubt they'll be able to give me any information.

Outside if that...  work on the Titanium Finish RX-78-2 has slowed to a crawl.  I spent a lot of time painting the frame details and I didn't do everything that I wanted but I basically burned myself out. I've done enough I think.  I guess that was the point I was waiting for.  I might do just a couple more things just for the sake of being a completionist and then I can say say I'll be satisfied with the inner frame details.  It doesn't look pretty good now if I do say so myself.  I love the natural gunmetal finish of the frame.

After that... paint the missiles in the napalm launcher and I should be ready for final assembly.

My enthusiasm for Gunpla has kind of gone down because I don't have a convenient place to work anymore.  I cant work in my room because of the smell of the paints/chemicals (I have to sleep in here) and I didn't want to work in the basement because it's cold down there and I didn't have a proper desk/table until just recently.

But with the weather is getting better and with the new setup downstairs hopefully I can renew my focus... not in just Gunpla but in art in general.  I'm going to try and put together a portfolio to apply for art school.  Computer animation specifically.  New country, new life, new direction... We'll see how that all goes though.

So with all the new things happening in my life now, the new adjustments, stimuli and circumstances...  I'm not sure how prevalent Gunpla is going to be from now on.

It's so different here.  Back in Japan, Gunpla was a part of life because it was literally everywhere.  Here...  I'm pretty sure that I have the biggest supply of Gunpla in the whole city... and my city isn't small.  I easily have more than the leading shop here... I mean I would if I could combine my collections...

So who knows... I'm sorry that things will be slowing down here.  I'll still update my facebook page pretty regularly because it's just so damn easy to do (specifically because of how easy it is to upload pics because of no space caps and it auto resizes everything.)

Long story short, with the things I'm planning on doing I will have to focus less on Gundam stuff and more on getting my life in order.  I won't be coasting anymore like I have been for the past couple of years.  I don't know where that's all going to take me but I'd love it if somewhere down the road I can combine it all together like how Sandrum is doing. Talk to me about that in 5 years.

Hopefully by this time next month I'll have something positve to report as it pertains to my lost soldiers.

Sad to think that things are going to slow down around here as, all of that stuff aside, I plan on concentrating more on overall site restructuring stuff rather than posting but...  I'll still be around.  Just may not be as often as I'd like.  But we'll see how that all goes.  Maybe my flame will come back again!

Anyway, enough of that.  Let's talk about this now!


G.G. hooked this one up as well.  Loving both of these things.  The Prototype Stark Jegan kind of reminds me of the Ingram from Patlabor a little bit and the Ecoas Jegan is like a cross between a Jegan and GM Sniper, GM Custom and the, yet to be seen but heavily anticipated, Jesta.

No matter what is going on in my life the Jesta is a must have for me.

OK what's next...?  How about some candy?

Whee! Eva candy! That Rei is SO beautiful!  Yes I know it's not Gundam but I'm not a hater!  Or a discriminator.  Eva is welcome here.  Well, Eva girls are welcome here at least.  Shinji can get the f out.

Guess that's it for now. While things are a bit slow right now I'm pretty sure that my best work is still ahead. For now I pray that my boys reach home safely! Godspeed fellas!  My thoughts are with you!

5 comments:

  1. Maybe they're being held up and arrested at Canadian Customs for carrying concealed weapons and firearms. Happens all the time.
    I was thinking my D-Sythe Hell and Nobell were being held up due to the Tsunami myself, but then they dropped by. Hopefully the same'll happen to you! (the sudden arrival, I mean)
    You know what that visor on the ECOAS Jegan's head looks like? Major Kusanagi's multi-purpose visor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are focusing on getting things in order in your life, that's more important in the long run obviously than Gunpla. If you ever get the spark back, i'm sure we'll be here to cheer you on until i'll just bug you on Facebook. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what your workspace looks like. Besides Gundam, friends, and Asian women, what do missed the most from Japan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. food. and buying booze anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...That's...Wha...
    Wow, Buster, you certainly have prorities. Good to see things can't get in your way to be in the company of Humanity's oldest friend.

    ReplyDelete