Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Resurrection Process

I spent a lot of time packing them up and now I have to bring them back to life again.  Here we go!




On the kitchen counter.  I have a kitchen counter now!  And it's big enough to assemble Gundam's on!  Sometimes it's really good to be home!
I don't have a place to put them all right now but luckily for me my mom is a doll collector and she has some beautiful cabinets for them so I put my Gundams there for now, in front of the dolls. Guarding them if you will.  That made her happy for some reason.  She called my Gundams "cute".  >_>

I tend to do the reassembling/building stuff when other family members come over and hang out to chat. I just make something while they're talking. It might seem rude to do this while someone you haven't seen in a while is talking but they aren't talking directly to me.  They're just talking.  And eating.  A lot of relatives come to my house just to eat (my mom always has a lot of left overs in the fridge because she cooks a lot), so they eat and talk. I build and talk.  That's always been my way though, even in Japan.  Building was/is a social thing for me if I have the chance.  When any of my assistants were over we'd chat while building.  It's just reinforced behavior.  Kind of like Pavlov's dog

Gotta live authentically.  This is me.  You don't have to understand it but you have to accept that this is what I do. Besides, my family is totally used to me doing two/three things at once.  I've been that way since I was a child.

Anyway, I think my next project is going to be getting the Titanium Finish RX-78-2 done. There will be heavy documentation of that build process.

10 comments:

  1. Awesome! Gunpla invasion of the kitchen!
    Are we allowed to see a picture of said doll shelf with gunpla on it? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the Mk II's get to meet big brother yet? I just hope it's not like the Haros in 00 where the older one doesn't recognize the other(s).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that! Build and Talk! Should try that one of these days as my wife talks a lot! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha when ever I get married I will be doing that with the wife.
    She will probably scrap book or something.
    But I am 21 now so that will be a while haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. multitasking ftw! I can't do that though. As much as I would like to chat and gunpla at the same time, I lose my focus one way or another. I need to be alone behind shut doors to work ^^;. I don't find that to be rude if you are able to pay attention to both the person talking and to your gunpla.

    And yea, let's see photos of those display cabinets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bobot - yeah thats coming next!

    Joe - yes! pics of that coming too!

    DC - im surprised you havent picked that skill up yet!

    Sam - i hope so! take your time man!

    Z - ah you like the solitude i see. I get like that too sometimes but it depends on what section of the build process im at.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see everyone made it back safely (yourself included)! Nice to know there's a Blogger of the Apocalypse guarding the nation I inhabit.
    When it comes to building Gunpla, I can definately stop looking at it for a while and chat with people, eye contact and all, but when I check back to see why they swore at what I was holding, I get stuff akin to HnToriko's Aheadragon as a result.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I make my gunpla in my room, so no socializing there, unless friends decide to hang around my room. And I want to see the cabinet that the gunpla's are in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha... I know the feeling. I also sometimes build my models while somebody is chatting with me too. Feel like dun want to let my hands have some free time while talking I guess....

    ReplyDelete