Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I have arrived.

I should I say, "I have returned." in the voice of a Protoss Dragoon.

Flight was fine.  Delayed but fine.  I'm good at killing time.  Bought the GM Custom in the meantime (Duty free.  It was cheap.)  Read the new Hobby Japan and Dengeki Hobby.

Driving home from the airport, my mom stopped by a pet store to get some food for the cats. I went into the neightbouring craft store (Micheal's) to check their paints.  $2.50 for a small vial of Testors enamel.  Ouch.  I paid half that price in Japan.  Not sure how I'm going to set up my new "lab" here but I'm working on it.  Things are going to get weird.  I'm so used to using Japanese products but... just going to experiment and see what I can do with the domestic stuff.  Probably gonna end up painting in the garage... But it's so cold!  Argh!

But whatever... It's good to be home again!

Addicted to GM's!

11 comments:

  1. お帰りなさい!

    Welcome back to North America! Hope you're not experiencing any jet lag so you can dive right back where you left off on your Gunpla work. Funny how you managed to grab just ONE MORE Gunpla before leaving for good xD. How about using one of those electric heater to keep yourself warm in the garage? Surely, that could do the trick.

    From here on is the start of a new journey! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to see you made it safely, Buster. I feel your pain about the local products but I found a hobby store across town that carries Tamiya paints, maybe you will find such luck in your area?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it went smoothly, welcome back

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to my homeland! I hope you enjoy your stay in the whale-shaped, frozen rows of cities, villages and forests I call Ontario. Apparently there hae been heatwaves: perfect condition for exploding paintcans. Beware!

    Most paints are that price around here; Tamiya Acrylics jar-things are $2.79 a pop. And you just missed that short time where the CAD was worht more than the USD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tamiya cans are quite pricey here in the US though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i built my testors paint collection on Micheal's 40% coupons. it took a while since the coupon is only for 1 item.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CARRIER HAS ARRIVED.

    I couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear that you made it back safely bro. and wait. YOU HAVE A CAT!? ZOMFG PICTURES PL0X.

    ReplyDelete