Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Doll X Gundam

During this time of transition in my life I have been hard pressed to find a place to display all my plastic. Luckily for me my mother is also a collector... of dolls!  Barbie dolls mainly but she likes many kinds.  She has some nice cabinets to display her collection too.  I can really appreciate them more now!  Like mother, like son I guess.  Take a look.










I elected not to put them in her cabinets because I have other plans regarding my boys and I need them to be mobile. She gave me some shelving racks that I can assemble and I'm probably going to use them in basement "den" which will become my new "lab". Right now she's just using it as a storage room so I'm going to be fixing that up. It will be pretty nice by the time I'm done with it.

But for now this lot is going to be staying here. I may bring the 3 Mark 2's into my room along with the Titanium Finish RX-78. I still have a couple more guys in a box here but I'm not going to bust them out until I get the display situation set up in the basement. After that... wait until March for the remaining troop reinforcements and then take it from there.

Still feels weird to be living at home again considering I've been on my own for nearly 15 years.  However... my life has never been this cheap and carefree.  Say what you want about independence but it does come at a price.  I've done enough in the past decade to warrant a bit of a break so I'm going to take it!

8 comments:

  1. Omg...your mom is awesome. She collects dolls and you collect gunplas, that is so cool. My mom is a collecter too, she collects a portion of my paychecks. LOL

    Living at home is cool for you, more $$ in your pocket for gunplas. =) At least you don't have to pay for mortgages & property tax =( Hope you are adjusting well being back home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try and get your mom to buy those Volk's Dollfies! I'm sure she'd like them.
    Cool how she collects things like you, must just run in the faimly. Just be sure to check up the situation with them. You don't want the Gundams overrunning those Dolls' home; Wolfheinrich has that problem, and I'm sure it's quite the hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... those are some very beautiful dolls she collects. That's pretty cool that your mom collects such things because that means she understands your hobby as well (unlike the average mom are quick to relegate them as "trash"). Maybe for her birthday or whatever special occasion, you can make her a custom Nobell... wearing a dress. Ya know... like a doll xD.

    By the way, I spot a faceless heavyarms... :o

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah you saw that! im not exactly sure where the face went! I hope it'll turn up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see. I still have both faces for my HA so if you need either one, I'll gladly ship one to you. Just let me know :D

    Oh yea, did you used ANA 00 Gundam's left hand for Nobell? It fits pretty well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an awesome mom,to have a hobby collecting dolls, while the son collects plastic models. Indeed, like mother, like son.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buster, this right here is what we call...Harmony :D

    ReplyDelete