Monday, October 5, 2009

MS-07H8 Gouf Flight Type

There are many things in life that people can be addicted to.
Booze, gambling, sex, food, drugs, cigarettes... The list is endless. I have many vices and am addicted for more than a few things.
One of those things is gunpura. I just can't stop myself from building a new one from time to time simply for the sake of building a new gunpura. I didn't do anything special. Just cut and assemble... but I tell you... seeing that assembled model, even without paint and touch ups, panel lining or seam lining or whatever... just seeing it, making and having it around is worth the 800 yen or so I paid for it.
I am addicted to gunpura and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.









It doesn't come with that cannon in the right hand. I added that in myself.


A finshed version (check his WIP here.)

Just a pic of it that I liked.


As I was making this post, I saw the above pic and this song popped into my head.
I'll put this one here for Tonzo.



Related track from the same era. For all the lurking 'heads' out there.



Basement beats with hard rhymes... the good old days I guess.

Not planning on doing too much with Gouf right now. Just wanted to build something. This is my first non-Fed 1/144 kit and I have to say that I like it a lot. The Zeon designs just seem so much more... robust than the Fed suits. I'm going to enjoy working on this kit when the time comes. I've already kind of decided what I want to do with it but more on that at a later date. Right now I'm just going to leave it as is and go back to working on other things.

6 comments:

  1. Well, count me in as a proud member of that club, I'm pretty much the same way. I've _got_ to be building something, or doing something, or throwing myself into something. On a somewhat psychological level, I'm wondering if this is an out due to my situation. I probably wouldn't be doing so much Gunpla if I was back in the states surrounded by my friends and family. Of course, Gunpla wouldn't be as accessible either.

    I think after the Sinanju (and Hi-nu) I'll pull a Z and do a life after Sinanju post, and take a short break, at least from going all out on the kits, do a couple of snap fits, build a Zaku or something...

    As for the HG kits, this is one thing I've been meaning to write about, but the GOOD thing about HG kits is their line up of Zeon, and in general non-Federation kits, that you just don't have in the MG line up. I think that's why a majority of the HGUC kits I own are Zeon only (save for the Hi-nu, and the Gundam, which I only got because it's limited, and I'm a SUCKER for teh gentei)

    Anyways, the need to "build" something or fund my creativity is rather dangerous, because now I'm starting to find myself looking at N-gauge layouts....

    DAMN YOU JAPAN! For trains, robots, and hot women!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about Japan, the hot girls, the figma and figurines (which i couldn't afford since my $$ are fully allocated on gunpla), manga, anime, mecha, Japanese songs (i have a collection of over 2000 Jpop, still increasing on a weekly basis)...etc except the expensive lifestyle (renting a flat a month can cost you USD $1100) and small houses plus earthquakes.

    How cool if i can get a japanese hot cute gal as my gf... (lolxxx...)

    On gunpla, same case, one finished and i get another, couldn't stand it and sometimes i have to hide them to prevent my parents finding out i actually spend so much and buy so many MG in a month (bought 4 MGs last month).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually planned my first proper build with paint using the Gouf Custom HG version of this kit....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh... DITC is my sh*t. Thanks for those. Time's up is one of my fave joints.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn L is easily one of the best flows of all time. Put him with Fat Joe and it's just dumb out time. Always thought FAt Joe was calling himself a snitch on that joint though.

    I walk around with six thou, without a pis-tal, my whole clique's wild, no more sticks I'm makin hits now.

    Ill.

    I always get Gangstarr Ft. MOP We Got Gunz playing in my head when I look at Gundam with big guns.

    It's ironic that OC writes the line 'I get a rush when I bust some dope lines I wrote that maybe somebody will quote' and that goes on to be one of the most heavily sampled tracks and albums ever as far as scratched hooks go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. **** you can play any MOP song and it'll fit. I was just listening to 'stick to ya gunz' ft. kool g rap the other day.

    yeah i was thinking about that oc line when i was listening to this song too. there's no way he could have known how legendary that song would become.

    yeah L was totally ill. amazing flow, wished he didnt meet his end so soon. im sure he could have put out a lot of great stuff if he'd survived.

    ReplyDelete