Friday, October 16, 2009

Concerning Figure FM

Go here.

http://www.figure.fm/

and somehow try to find this page by clicking through the menus.

http://www.figure.fm/page/en/fusion/all/gundam/all/all/1.html

Notice that all the articles have ZERO views.

Why are there only like 4 people posting Gundam related stuff in the 'feeds' section (and one of them is mislabeled because his content isn't even about Gundam), but when you click on the Gundam category you get a bunch of customized posts made for Figure FM?

Otaku FM was way better and everything was working fine. Why mess with a good thing? Especially a good thing that actually worked right? Oh well. Doubt I'll be using it much if it stays that way. I don't know what's going on with this system but I'm not really impressed.

On a side note, here are some pics of my Sinanju after I've started working on it again. (I know they're all practically the same but I couldn't decide which one I liked best so I just put them all up. Like shopping... If you can't decide between one or the other... Just get BOTH!)





This thing is going to be so sweet when I'm done. I can feel it. Sweeter than the way I left it in April. You just wait. I'm not all talk.


btw notice anything unusual in the last pic? Kind of obvious considering the big green arrow! haha

5 comments:

  1. Figure FM was way better than anything else before Danny shut it down for the first time. Everybody commented on everyone's work and pictures. Now I think I only went there once...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The old Otaku.fm was great, I particularly liked that you weren't category locked as you are now. It meant I could choose where my posts aggregated to and didn't spam the Gundam section with generic Otaku blurb. My feed, although approved never pulls in anymore though so oh well.

    The Sinaju is looking epic BB, you custom colour schemes are always brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see that some folks agree and that it isn't just me. I have to admit that I feel a bit slighted. Oh well. I mean we drive so much traffic there but in return we get what? Like a lot of those big sites, you'd be hard pressed to see where your content ends up in exchange for them getting a big banner on your front page.

    James thanks for the kind words there! I really appreciate that. Hopefully I won't dissapoint you in the future, but i kind of doubt it. If you like what you see now you'll probably like what you see in the future. you've probably guessed what my colour style is like now! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im kinda new to Figure.fm.. and didnt even notice there was figure.fm before it was resurreted lol... bout the feed thinggy that u pointed out.. most ppl put Otaku category for feed instead of Gundam since maybe their blog consisted more than gundam related.. and bout the Gundam category in menu thinggy.. its linked to Item instead of Articles (feeds).. not sure how it works to .. too noob on that site lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah! i dont get it... the old otaku fm was great. really helped to get my site off the ground... but now... i dont know. all of us are kind of lost in there now. too bad.

    ReplyDelete