Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Worth of a Machine

This is my entry into the 2010 Hobby Link Japan - Playing with Plastic (VIDEO) contest.

I made a 3 minute copyright friendly version here that's significantly less interesting but in accordance with the rules of the contest.  I gave that 3 min version one an audio track which can be seen here.  But this one is the "director's cut" which is basically how I would have made the video without the time constraints.


I spent a lot of time editing the dialogue but I might have still missed some things. A one man editing team is not recommended (if you noticed any spelling mistakes, outside of simultaneously and fulfilling please let me know!) . Either way I hope I left enough time for most of you to read what they're saying. Still, I wanted to keep the video length at a nice even number (5 min exactly) and still maintain a reasonable pace to the story telling.

Originally I was a bit hesitant to make this as it seemed a bit "daunting" but after I started... I got really excited about it and it ended up being a lot of fun to do! Sometimes you need a contest/deadline to excite the creative spark again. Even if I don't win I'm happy for the opportunity to make something creative again.

Hope you like it and feed back is, as usual, welcomed and encouraged.  And now I think it's time for a little "mental health" project to unwind from all of this!

5 comments:

  1. Good job, man. I think it came out pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one! Love the soundtrack. Bit fast for me to read, had to keep pausing it. LOL at T-Bay xD

    hahaha.. Gunpla Hustlers! Chock full of quick witted humour. We haven't really seen your funny side until now Bb! "Off to walk the earth... like Kane from Kung Fu. They have a name for that you know..."

    ^Pick the quote ;)

    I loved it dude. Very original and entertaining. Great work. Ganbatte ne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same as Tonzo loved the soundtrack

    ReplyDelete
  4. tonzo - ive heard it but cant place it.

    glad you guys liked the track! i think that was one of the selling points of the video but since i couldnt enter that version into the contest because of copyright ish i probably wont place.

    ReplyDelete