Wednesday, August 25, 2010

If it were you... what would YOU do?!

I really want to know actually.  I would probably go a bit crazy too!  Although... he really should have found his own place.

***

Wednesday, Aug. 25, 2010

Man torches home over trashed toys

KOBE (Kyodo) A man charged with torching his home in Kasai, Hyogo Prefecture, admitted Tuesday he did it out of anger because his mother threw away some of his plastic figures from the "Gundam" animation franchise.
"Plastic figures of Gundam are like my life partners. I thought I would rather burn to death with them than have them thrown away," said Yoshifumi Takabe, 30, who pleaded guilty as his trial began at the Kobe District Court. Nobody was injured in the blaze.
Takabe told the court he piled 200 to 300 boxes of Gundam plastic figures up to near the ceiling in his room.
He is accused of setting fire to the wooden two-story house where he lived with his mother, grandmother and younger brother, at around 2:10 p.m. on Aug. 9, 2009.
His mother was in the house but escaped without injury.

Source.

Poor soul.  Will he give up Gunpla now?  I wonder about his mental stability.  You'll notice I said NOTHING about him buying 300+ kits.

Mandatory pic.

My precious...

Honestly... we just DON'T know what he had in there!  He may have been sitting on a gold mine and that woman just threw it all away out of sheer ignorance.  Sad.

2 comments:

  1. This was quite a while ago, I think. I can sort of connect with the guy, my mom forced me to toss out the empty boxes of the kits back when I still lived at my old family home. Why can't parents understand that the boxes have sentimental value! It ain't hoarding...

    ReplyDelete
  2. its just space. i had to get rid of mine too. i didnt want to and i live alone but... no point in keeping all of that if you arent using them for anything. i keep the cover box art but thats it.

    ReplyDelete