Tuesday, June 22, 2010

1.5 Gundam - Assembly Complete

Finally decided to power through this and just build the damn thing. 
Originally I was planning on colouring each piece as I cut them from the runner but that didn't work out as I still haven't perfected my lining technique yet. I'm still planning on colouring this kit with only Gundam markers though. Still not sure how I'm going to do the lining. Maybe just got back to using the Gundam pen like I used to.

About this kit; I love it. It is SO good. I love the huge rifle, the huge shield and the CLEAR beam saber. I like the use of all the clear parts and the options you have with the wing binders (which can basically be put in any direction configuration you can think of. So many joints.)

The legs have a little bit of an unusual construction as it shares parts with Reborns Gundam. A kind of design you'd usually see in MG's to keep the knee armour in place. There are a little bit of extra parts left over from this kit (two extra GN drives/plus the cannons for the backside of Reborns Gundam) but you can't really use them for anything, unlike the Astraea F and it's Exia parts.

The waist has a bit more flexibility than other HG's as it can bend back and forth which was a nice surprise and you can make this a flat footed Gundam if you want to.

I can't wait to finish this. I've go to say... the 00F/P/I HG's are really impressing me. Great kits all around.

More photos here.

4 comments:

  1. Woot.. Aizu! nice~ seems that everyone getting Aizu... lol.. not sure get or not ... Reborns gundam will keel me if i get this one before finishing him first ^^;;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this came out of nowhere!!! Didn't know u were working on this.

    For lining, maybe is a good time to use either a water based ink pen / enamel wash. You will get a nice fine line for the HG, instead of a thicker ones from using G-markers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more I see it, the more I like it. The more I like it, the more I want it. The more I want it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. tsukinari - better finish him then! reborns gundam is much cooler to me now after having built this one!

    g.g - i wasnt. just decided to do it randomly. and i think you're right about the enamel wash. I'm kinda sick of using pens.

    gaigun - i dont think you'll regret it!

    ReplyDelete