Thursday, November 11, 2010

1/1 Combat San - WIP 1

My first of these type of models and I really like it. I enjoyed building her. It didn't take very long. It's not like making a Gundam and I'm not going to mod her like a Gundam. It feels strange because I'm actually thinking of her like a doll. I'm going to change her hair style and make her clothes different colours and... I'm going to put make up on her.
Oh my god. What's happening to me?
Is this the natural progression of my hobby? And why is it that I'm finding that I have so much in common with girls who do nail art? We use similar materials and actually go through similar processes. Ah... Pushing the boundaries I guess. And it certainly has helped me relate more to me new female friends. They seem to appreciate it too.
My saving grace is that she is still MECHA. And she has a beam rifle.
I really like her though. I'm glad I decided to buy this kit.
You have a large selection of hands to choose from but they aren't really that secure. However considering the large selection you can afford to glue them in place around the weapons which I'll do once I have them all modded and painted to my satisfaction.
I removed her antennae "ears" and her cow lick thing on top of her head. I also removed the shoulder section of her uniform in order to free up room for her arms to move. I don't mind the sleeveless look!
The boots and heel part come off kind of easily. Not very sturdy but... I'm not expecting much from a miniature female robot that was made to destroy bugs.
She doesn't have the articulation to do a proper salute so I settled for something similar to the box art. And I'm not trying to be スケベ/やらしい with the up skirt shot but I just though it looked cool.
It really is fun to try new things now and then. Next... Armored Core?!

7 comments:

  1. These HoiHoi San kits are good fun, mayhaps we should get a GB going at the forums :)

    Aye to the nail art thing... followed the missus to get supplies earlier today and woohoo... picked up A LOT of waterslides... and they even have AB templates...

    Next thing you know I'd be replacing them monoeye's with a rhinestone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the Pest-X san but was a little disappointed that she couldn't stand up well due to that heavy head of hair she has. Looks like you don't have that problem with yours. I look forward to the finished product. Now I will refrain from making any playing-with-doll jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, you have now fallen victim to MECHA MOE - a affliction that commonly plagues admirers of Gundam or Mecha Girls, as it crosses the dreaded sexy/cute with our beloved mecha. I don't expect you to recover anytime soon ^_^

    Heh, like I should talk. I have a HoiHoi-San Nightmare version myself ^^;

    I already have Rockman & Roll-Chan on my Christmas list as well. I'm seriously considering buying Pest X-San and Oboro...if only Kotobukiya kits weren't so damn expensive!

    @Gunpla: This is from the manga Ichigeki Sacchu HoiHoi-San, a story that revolves around a series of tiny robotic girl figures that are designed to kill insects and all sorts of pests with extreme prejudice, mainly because in the future setting of the story, all pests have become immune to all sorts of insecticides. So the direct approach of shooting/slashing/blasting the hell out of them is the best solution. Which is why HoiHoi-San, Pest-X-San, and Combat-San have various armaments.

    There was a 10-minute OVA released several years back alongside the manga that acted as promotional material, as well as a PS2 game. So this series of kits is kinda late, but it looks like it's generating renewed interest, considering that Kotobukiya is coming out with newer releases every couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooner or later your range of purchase will expand more and more - it's natural. Me and my frens happened to be from Digimon gashapons >> Gunpla >> Kotobukiya SRW >> Macross kits >> Nendoroids and figma >> PVC figures. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Armored Core? I'll tell you now: There are alot of parts in those that are there for detail and nothing else. It's...Awesome. I have the Crest CR-C840/UL and Ver.Delta, and they're amazing. Seriously, you should get the Nineball Seraph to start with. It's huge. Or the NineBreaker, because it somehow kicked the Seraph's ass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. madmoz - hoi hoi san gb on the forum would be fun i think! doesnt really fit with "Gundam" though. monoeye with a rhinestone?! the thought is both appalling and intriguing. I wonder how it would look?! haha

    CKai - mecha moe... i dont plan on staying in this zone but i can now definitively say that im certainly not opposed to them! i doubt i'll buy more tho. combat san was just my type and i wanted to join in the fun that ASM and GaiGun were having!

    shaomu - nineball seraph looks pretty intense! as well as the nine breaker. those kits certainly look like fun!

    ReplyDelete