Saturday, September 19, 2009

Master Kawaguchi DVD - Torrent file / War Machine

Just a small post saying that I've made a torrent of the Dengeki Hobby - Master Kawamura's Way of Gunpura DVD that I put on YouTube earlier this year in June. You can download the torrent link here.

I tried uploading it to a torrent search engine but failed (for some reasons... I have no idea what happened really. It seemed OK but wasn't really.) So you can all just get it here.

If it doesn't work out, let me know and I'll try to sort it out.

The video itself is a large .avi file. Over 500mb and it's a direct DVD rip of the disc I have. Not sure why it's so large since it's only 60 minutes and it's not like the quality is that great but still... If you want it, it's available.

In non Gundam related news (but similar mecha walking tank kinda way) I wanted to show a pic of the comic that I've been reading a lot of recently.

War Machine has got to be one of my favourite characters ever. I've liked the suit since day one and I've read every comic book with War Machine in the title and that has Jim Rhodes as the main character. The newest version has great covers but the inside art isn't that great. They redesigned the character so that he can integrate with any kind of technology. For example he can take the parts of a plane and add them to his armour, or a tank or missiles that have been shot at him. Very cool. I'm enjoying the tech aspect to it but it is pretty far fetched sometimes. I could write it better.



I am big Iron Man fan but I enjoy reading War Machine because it's a different take on Iron Man. Jim isn't as smart or as much of a playboy but he's a soldier. The War Machine armour and the Iron Man armour are quite different and it makes for a interesting comparison at times. However from a design standpoint... I like this one the best. It has got to be my absolute favourite mecha 'suit'.

8 comments:

  1. Thats an awesome cover! Too bad the arts inside aren't on par with the cover. Man I quit reading Marvel comics way back when I was a freshman in college. I have been tempted many times to pick up the habit again, but I rather spend my $$ on gunpla & supplies. Argh..how can you have so much resources for your hobbies!?

    In the corner of my closet, I still have a couple of boxes of comic in mint condition waiting for their chance to get on Ebay, But I have a feeling is going to be quite awhile till they are worth anything significant.

    I have 4 different art covers for Jim Lee's X-men #1. 3 differents cover (silver, gold, reg.) for Todd McFarlance's Spiderman #1. And a host many others....

    sorry for my wordy post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha who said anything about paying for them? haha i do know and then but its not a hobby of mine like that. i gave up buying comics near the end of highschool. now i just read them on the net.

    i still have my boxes of comics too but i dont know if i'll ever be able to sell them. too many memories. it was a big part of my life back then! i have a couple of collectors items too but largely stuff that most people have already. like the image stuff, old xmen, spiderman etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was into the Phantom and still have my box somewhere. I never had the good fortune to get any of the grittier Marvel or DC stuff in my local newsagent before my interests had moved on so I missed out on a lot of good stuff.

    Buster you may be interested in Sentences: The Life Of MF Grimm which came out on Vertigo last year. An interesting biography summarising his shooting and some fairly obtuse statements about his involvement in hip hop, but I found it impossible to put down. http://www.dccomics.com/vertigo/graphic_novels/?gn=7707

    That war machine cover is the biz. I'll have to check it out.

    Thanks very much for the torrent as well! Can't wait to watch it on the TV. Thanks for making it an avi too. The PS3 likes avi containers.

    Anyone seeding in the next couple of days?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'll be seeding. i'll check that comic out tonzo, thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason, the megaupload doesnt work for me. can you send it to my email? getitmemorized@yahoo.com thanks thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yo Bb or anyone can I please get a seed?

    ReplyDelete
  7. ive been online for a while with it open but apparently its not working. not sure what I did or am doing wrong. i got a mail from irving saying that its not working for him either. blah. gonna have to figure something out!

    ReplyDelete